KOA West Yellowstone

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Texas cowboy, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Texas cowboy

Texas cowboy
    Expand Collapse

Unnerved to watch the male manager wearing a short short dress bending over while talking to little children. But that's just me. Way over priced $82 no discount. On a hillside so most RVs had their left side tires off the ground. Those without leveling systems were on terrible slants. Poor to no WIFI. Lastly $3 to wash a very small load. Enjoy if you wish.

What places do you not recommend.

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Have you submitted a review of this park? More people will see it there than here.

3. Annod46

Annod46
    Expand Collapse

I agree with Texas cowboy. What would make a male wear a short kilt to work at a campground? He has other problems as well: arrogant and argumentative with guests. I wrote a review last year about this KOA. It's a total rip off. Yellowstone Grizzly is in town and more convenient. It's also more orderly. Yellowstone Holiday is out of town but has a beautiful view of the lake. All are about the same price: expensive.

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Although we have nothing against you speaking your mind about particular campgrounds, we do prefer that you do so as part of submitted reviews rather than on this forum. Your opinions will reach far more people that way.

Furthermore, we do ask that submitted reviews be associated with relatively recent stays at the RV park being discussed and there is no way to verify that when the "review" is embedded in a forum post. That means there is no way to ensure that a person posting on the forum has recent personal experience at that park and isn't recalling an older experience that is no longer relevant.

This is not in any way intended to restrict your ability to post honest reviews; it is simply a request that you do so through the review mechanism.

5. Texas cowboy

Texas cowboy
    Expand Collapse

6. Texas cowboy

Texas cowboy
    Expand Collapse

I have posted several real time post that are not up. I think this is important for those with young children

7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Reviews are first checked over by a volunteer editor before being posted. During busy camping times such as right now, there can be several days to a weeks delay in releasing them. Your post here may be more timely, but it will be seen by far fewer people that are considering that particular park.

8. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We do have a review from Texas Cowboy for the park in question. However, the review was submitted on June 26, and as NYDutch mentioned this is our busiest time, and it may not be posted for several days. We are working as fast as we can and all reviews are posted as soon as we can get to them.

9. SeaTeacher

SeaTeacher
    Expand Collapse

A kilt isn't the same thing as a dress. Millions of men around the world (especially in Scotland) wear kilts, and what does it have to do with talking to children? Hundreds if not thousands of men in my area (Seattle) wear kilts too. We aren't so rigid as cowboys from Texas. Perhaps it's time to grow up. Not everywhere is Texas and that's not a bad thing. I can't help but reply to this kind of narrow minded intolerant garbage. Someone has to speak up. Might as well be me.

Runner in the Night likes this.