Reviews not posted

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by xarmoreddriver, Jul 14, 2015.

1. xarmoreddriver

xarmoreddriver
    Expand Collapse

I made and posted 2 reviews at least 10 days ago and they have not been added to the list. I have been reviewing for several years and its seems my reviews always take a longer time to be posted. Why?

Dave

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Your last two reviews were submitted on July 9. At most other times of the year, they would be posted by now. However, this is our busiest time of year. Currently we are receiving around 100 reviews a day, and it takes longer than usual to get to the new ones. We are working as fast as we can, and your reviews will be posted as soon as possible.

Also I noticed that a lot of your other reviews have been submitted during the summer months so again they probably did not get posted as quickly as usual. It really depends on how many reviews have come in ahead of yours.

3. VietVet

VietVet
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem, 3 reviews stuck in limbo. I get it, this site is run by volunteers, and summer is a busy time! If I have 3 and the OP has 2 I wonder how many more are waiting for someone to approve. At some point it diminishes the value of the WEB site as a source to get timely, factual campground information. My wife and I travel a lot and I was looking for a WEB site to share our campground experience and help make selections on our next destination, which is why we selected this site. I guess I need to keep looking because I need access to timely campground reviews and it would appear that this site can’t meet our needs!

4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

My most recent review was posted about 12 days after I submitted it if I recall correctly. I don't see that as an issue at all when some other review sites may only have a few year old reviews of a handful of campgrounds when compared to RVPR. With reviews currently being submitted in large numbers, reportedly as many as 100 per day, even a couple of weeks delay does not strike me as unreasonable, and does not diminish the value of the site or the reviews in any way in my opinion. Campground features and conditions do not typically change very rapidly.

5. VietVet

VietVet
    Expand Collapse

Dutch, Thanks for the reply! Previously I asked the question on typical wait times to get a review posted I got a similar response about 100 new reviews per day and it came from another user, not an admin. I have no expectation to see the review posted immediately but waiting 3-4 weeks or longer appears to be excessive even for a site that is managed by volunteers. I fully understand the need for reviewing all posts to keep the site as honest as possible but if this review process is so onerous that it hinders timely posting then it does a disservice to all users. I do not know about you but I have been disappoint in many campgrounds because the campground looked vastly different from their WEB site. Many campgrounds have allowing long term, seasonal campers to occupy large sections of the campground to keep cash flowing and they do not monitor the condition of these campers. Short term campers get stuck in less desirable sections of the campground. My last two campgrounds had this problem but their WEB site told a very different story and the reviews I could find were old and written during better times for the campground. Sorry but I do not want to be parked next to a run down, dirty junk cluttered RV so IMHO conditions can change vastly from the last posted review.

6. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

generally I average 7 to 14 days for a review to be posted during peak summer months, I have one now that was submitted a few days ago. I probably will not see it till next week which is ok.

Not sure if I'm reading your post correctly but if your on week 3 or 4 then I would get in touch with one of the admins. Sounds like there could be an issue.

Hope everything works out for you.

Mike

7. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Is it OK to wait while the baggage handlers at the airport take their time and do the job correctly or do you want to be a lost luggage customer? Do you want a Rembrandt or do you want someoe to just slap some paint on the canvas so you can get it and go.

This issue is sort of like baking a good cake. You either have to wait til it gets done or you can go buy a Twinkie and move on.

I put more priority on the adventure and pleasure of being out in my RV than worrying about when a review is going to be posted.

The Admins, a.k.a volunteers, can take whatever time is needed. I'll wait for the cake.

#7 RLM, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  8. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

VietVet,

It is taking about 7-10 days to post reviews so where have you gotten the idea that it takes 3-4 weeks or longer. Your 3 reviews were submitted on July 15, and when you inquired about them on the 18th, I did not reply to your post because NYDutch gave you a very accurate answer of how it takes longer in the summer for us to post reviews. As of today we have had your reviews for 6 days, and I'm sorry but it will be a few more before we get to them because quite a few others came in ahead of them. If you are a new RVer and reviewer, we understand how anxious you are to see your reviews posted, but as others have said, it is unlikely anything is going to drastically change at a park in the 7-10 days it currently takes to post reviews.

9. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

It should be no surprise that popular parks get reviewed more frequently than the less popular parks. Note too that reviews typically only give you a general idea of exactly when the reviewer was actually there, so the conditions they report in a review that gets posted immediately could still refer a visit that was a several weeks ago. No review could possibly alert you to the neighbor from Hades that moved in the same day you arrived. I recently saw a review that complained about the noisy neighbors in a junky rig for a park with a 14 day stay limit. The odds that the same folks would be there when I arrive are pretty slim. As far as parks that put transients on the vacant sites between long termers when the park is busy, some of the nicest sites we've had in some parks were under those conditions, and we've met some really great folks that way. Were they all perfect? Of course not, but neither have all of the other sites we've had in many years of RV'ing been perfect. No review can possibly alert you to all possible conditions for the time when you'll be there. Reviews can only alert you to the general conditions found at any given park at any given time. The park population, like the weather, is subject to daily changes.

dalsgal likes this.
  10. VietVet

VietVet
    Expand Collapse

I will get my cakes some place else seeing you told me in so many words to take a hike. By the way, sites like this need reviewers more then we need you. You are not the only site in town!

11. VietVet

VietVet
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Dutch for you insight!

12. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

You just joined this site less than 2 weeks ago so it seems to me you have not given it a chance at all. The volunteers that manage this site do a terrific job and put in many, many hours trying to keep things up to date. This site is free, they work for free so please be patient.

13. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

VietVet, I don't think anything was meant personal and from time to time we all have been on our soap box. Let me also add by saying there isn't a forum member here that wouldn't extend a chair for you at the campfire!

As dalsgal said, just be patient and everything will work out okay.

Mike

14. VietVet

VietVet
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the kind words, safe travels!

15. VietVet

VietVet
    Expand Collapse

Please remove my account/profile. Once I send this I will log off. Thanks!

16. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

If you haven't already DEROS'D from the site, please know that I would never be so disrespectful as to tell a fellow Vet to take a hike. I was merely providing some examples of why being patient and waiting may be the better option.

#16 RLM, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  17. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I don't think any comments were meant to be disrespectful. I'm sorry he couldn't be man enough to accept the truth about why things are slower in the summer. I'm sure he will be back, if for no other reason but to read any future comments made here. Some people are too sensitive.

HappiestCamper likes this.
  18. pcmike

pcmike
    Expand Collapse

This site is poorly run. You need to get some help.

19. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

As the Administrators have repeatedly stated to other RVers concerns, in a very respectful way, the vast majority of the work is done by volunteers. I suspect that is one reason that all of the information we are able to gain from the site is Free.

They probably are not able to please everyone all of the time, as any other website also can't do, but it looks like they are really trying to address the specific concerns and suggestions about improvements.

20. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

And if you are having trouble with the site, we would really appreciate it if you would say specifically what the problem is so that we can look into it and provide whatever help you need. If you could not find something, let us know. If you got an error message for something you are trying to do, let us know. If the system would not accept your input, let us know. If you do not explain what the trouble is, we have no way to know how to fix it.