New Review not shown in City List

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Flying Mantis, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Flying Mantis

Flying Mantis
    Expand Collapse

I recently wrote a review for a new campground - Rock Cabin Camping in Cave City, KY.
    This review doesn't show up in a search for campgrounds in Cave City. Only the previous 3 CGs are shown. This new property is not in the list.
    Just wanted you to know...

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for reporting this. I hate to say it, but there is something not right with your review, and I can't figure out what went wrong. You are right that you submitted a review for this park, and we show that it is posted, but it is not and even the park is not showing up. I have worked on this a long time today to try to get the park and the review posted. I am just waiting now for the system to update to see if what I did will get the park and your review displayed. If not I'll try again.

But would you answer this one question for me. Did you submit this review for a new park (one that was not already in our database). Your answer might shed some light on the problem.

3. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Did you also write a review for a jellystone park in Cave City or did your review get posted there rather than in a new park?

4. Flying Mantis

Flying Mantis
    Expand Collapse

Yes, indeed it was a park review new to your database.

Looks like you've got the problem figured out now, as it's correctly showing under Cave City, KY. Nice work! Sorry it was troubling for you!

I've since found out Rock Cabin Camping DOES have 50 amp service - so you may want to make that correction. Glad other folks will be able to find this cool little campground now. Many thanks!

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm so glad. Thanks for letting me know. I'm pretty sure the new park listing has something to do with this trouble, even though I'm not sure exactly why yet. But it helps to know that the review was for a new park.

Also I will update the 50 amp service.

Thanks for you help with this.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I could find the review and the park in the system, and could see that the review was for the correct park, but the problem was that they were not displaying publicly. Fortunately, it sounds like I managed to get that fixed.