" Let Me Be The First Perhaps?"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Dec 21, 2016.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Not much activity on the forum this week so far. Must be a holiday coming up perhaps:D. Just want to wish everyone on the forum a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR. And to those that don't celebrate Christmas please allow me to say just HAPPY HOLIDAYS so I will be politically correct. May all your travels in the year ahead be safe and enjoyable...................

BankShot............(aka Terry)

Hutch333id likes this.
  2. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

And a happy Festivus for the rest of us ;-)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

And a Merry Christmas right back to you and yours, Terry, as well as everyone else at RVPR and the forum that celebrates the holiday!

4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

From the "Wet Coast" of Canada seasons greetings to all.

For what it's worth.....the days start to get longer now. A sure sign that the RV season for a lot of folks is only a few months away. Come on spring!

Darrell

5. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Feliz Navidad.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Feliz Navidad X2.

7. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Blessed Christmas, and a TOAST to 2017 !!! :cool:

8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mike & family

9. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year / Joyeux Noel et Bonne Année
    [​IMG]

10. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse

Don't get on here much, but Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Alan

11. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

We traded Christmas with family and friends for Winters in Texas rather than the Illinois-Wisconsin State line. It was very blue at first but we found that you must do everything you would normally do. Decorate for sure, but also the Christmas parade in town and all the secular Christmas "stuff".
    For us, most important was joining a parish of our faith here in the Hill Country. We are active and celebrate Advent culminating with Midnight Mass; which is actually at nine so the kids and us old folks can get to bed. We worry about the weather and our kids in Illinois and give Skype a workout, but everyone understands that, Mom and Dad go to Texas for the Winter.
    Merry Christmas one and all. Jack

12. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Seems to me to be a good excuse to go to Texas and visit Mom and Dad for Christmas, though I know it can't always work that way.

Really enjoy Hill Country, so can't blame you for staying put. Finding a church also helps a lot, makes you feel part of a community and other members become like an extended family.

13. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse

We stayed in the Hill Country for a month this year. Great area, especially if you ride motorcycles! We attended the same church there each Sunday and enjoyed it very much.

The friendships and fellowship of our church at "home" has been the one thing we've missed in our 2 1/2 years of full-timing. BUT, we made a pact when we began our journey to never travel on Sunday's and we always attend the local church's we find wherever we are. It gives our vagabond lifestyle a sense of continuity as we have found the congregations are always welcoming and it's fun meeting them. After all, the Church IS the people!

Alan

Jack B and Cyclonic like this.
  14. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

The shock of that first year full-timing could probably be a topic of its own.
    We were foot-loose-and-fancy-free all summer and fall, then got to Texas for the winter.
    Without a doubt the worst Christmas since I was in the Service and standing guard on the flight line on Christmas Eve. My wife and I really wondered if we were wrong. The fact that we didn't have a house to return to seemed to make it worse.
    It is now five years later. You can't sit back and expect new friends to come to you. Now we have park friends and Church friends. We also go to local High School sporting events especially baseball and softball and cheer for our "Eagles".
    I know if you just sit, you'll be sitting alone.

Cyclonic and Stormtrooper like this.