"Roll Call"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, May 6, 2019.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi All - In that there haven't been a lot of posts of late I thought it might prove interesting to see where everyone is hanging out currently. So how about those who care to checking in here and letting us know where your travels, or non travels, have you planting your rear end for a spell. I'll start things out by saying we are packing currently for a trip south to the San Diego area on the 15th. Time to get away from the old grind and pop open a jug-o-the-grape whilst watching the sun set.............INDEED!!!..........:D

Happy and safe travels, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

PS: No doubt Jason is down by some muddy river trying to wrestle with a salt water croc that tried to steal his bait and then eat him as the main course............. :eek::p

Liam658, Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I haven't spent much time here lately, but not for lack of desire. Since arriving at our Adirondack cottage from our "winter tour" of the southeast, my wife and I have been catching up with friends and family, as well as taking care of some medical issues that cropped up in our recent exams. The medical issues have kept us both pretty busy with prepping for tests, taking tests, and determining courses of treatment with our doctors. At this point, it's very much up in the air weather our fulltime RV life is ending, hopefully just temporarily if at all.

I expect to spend more time here on the forum once things settle down and I move into recuperation mode, but in the meantime, I do drop by to catch up on the goings on when I can.

Paythebill, mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Whatever those medical conditions are Dutch I hope all goes well for you and that you will be enjoying many more RV trips in the future. Always good to hear from you in the various threads and to read all the great info you contribute to the forum..............

All the best, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill, mdcamping and NYDutch like this.
  4. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

We haven’t gone anywhere lately mostly because of the lousy weather, its struggling to hit a high of 50 F. during the day. In the meantime we’re getting our trailer ready for it’s first outing in two weeks. Replaced all tires, battery, repack wheel bearings, resealed and caulked were it needed. Now for the job I’ve been putting off, waxing the entire unit.

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Umm...... when you are done waxing yours ours could really use some help!!

We are hanging out in the Bow Valley of Alberta again. My Father-in-law just turned 89 and mother-in-law just a year newer are still living in their home. Their health is failing but they are just too stubborn to move into a care unit. We are their care unit for the time being. Hoping we can convince them before the cold gets here in the fall. The campgrounds here allow for a max of 14 days before they kick you out so we will be doing the shuffle again.

Safe and happy travels to those who will be visiting exotic locations this summer.

Darrell

6. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

I’d like to help you out but I hurt my arm ........besides your to far away.

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I would bet a cold fosters Jason would win that wrestling match and be cooking croc on the barbie! :p :D :p

Mike

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

We have a extended weekend trip coming up in 2 weeks in Copake NY, there is a scenic rail trail which we will be taking our bikes on, I might take our Kayaks also but not sure yet. as of now just trying to get some chores done around the house, weather has been crappie...

Anyone have a good wax recommendation for sun faded fiberglass sides? I was using Gel Gloss but the past couple yrs the wax doesn't shine it up any more... especially the full sun side of my trailer

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  9. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

I used to use Gel Gloss also but it didn’t seem to do a good shine on faded fibreglass like you said. I came across a product made by Aero Cosmetics called Wash Wax All that I will try this weekend. This product is supposed to be good for boats Rvs cars and aircraft, we’ll see about that after the waxing is done.

10. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

yeah I'm done with the Gel Gloss, always worked great on my first camper but not so well lately with my second. I know some products get changed over time because of environmental restrictions.. I wonder if this product was one of them.

Thanks for the information and let me know how it works out

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  11. ctravelgal01

ctravelgal01
    Expand Collapse

My husband, daughter and granddaughter enjoyed the Grand Canyon and the surrounding Indian sites several weeks ago. We stayed in Williams at Railside RV Ranch; super nice. It took us 40 minutes to enter the Grand Canyon we should have heeded the signs in Tusuyan and parked our vehicle and taken the free shuttle. We ran into spectacular wildflowers on I 40 and various weather patterns. When we returned my husband traded in our travel trailer for a 22 foot "Minnie Winnie"; leaving for the California Central Coast for a few days to practice driving our new motor home. Going to the Badlands, Yellowstone, and Glacier the first week of June.

12. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Congrats on your new Minnie Winnie and safe travels. Like your itinerary, have fun and enjoy! :cool:

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  13. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Still haven’t gotten around to waxing yet but I did try it out on a small area. It brought out a nice shine and was as slick as an eel on a buttered floor. I don’t think this product will do much for a faded surface though.

14. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Thanks for the update, I am just starting to look into this, going to miss the gel gloss spray cans but I will keep looking

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  15. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Motorhome is going to be mostly parked this summer, since we're spending our vacation $$ flying down to FL in 3 weeks. Hope to get to go-to the mountains a couple of times on long weekend trips.

Chris G.

Paythebill likes this.
  16. Liam658

Liam658
    Expand Collapse

How did everything go? Was the trip a success?

17. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Liam658 and welcome to the forum. The trip was indeed a success even tho it rained on us almost the entire time. Nice thing about rain is that it keeps me from having to wash and polish the coach prior to leaving and it was actually cleaner when we got back than before we left....:D Hit some gusting winds heading home but nothing that made us pull off the road to wait them out, etc. Hope to read some reviews from you on your upcoming trips and also see more posts on the forum from you. This is a great RV place to be a member of. Good group of folks with lots of RV knowledge and always ready to jump in when questions arise or when advice in asked for. Travel safely and always be sure to watch out for the 'crazies' out there on the roads that have you in their sights................

Regards, BankShot...............(aka Terry)

18. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard Liam658!

As Bankshot mentioned, there is a wealth of experience available here should you have any questions or concerns. We are looking forward to hearing about your travels.

Darrell