"HAPPY NEW YEAR"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jan 1, 2021.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Let me be the first new year post on the forum to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! How about we put our collective 426,551 brains (latest member count this morning as of a few minutes ago) together and pray that things straighten out in 2021 and start to fly right again in both our country and the rest of the world....:rolleyes:....:D

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

#1 BankShot, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I'm hoping for an earlier date. 20021 is a year I don't think I'll be around for. Of course I know you meant 2021! :)

Darrell

The5goodwins, mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

What are you talking about Darrell? Look again...............:p You must have had one too many hot toddys last night while ringing in the new year............:D

All the best to you and that great gal that travels with you............

Terry..............(aka BankShot)

4. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Happy New Year, guys. Now, Bankshot, if you could only edit out the sorry past of 2020 as well as your...ahem. edit below, then that is something I can really celebrate! Cheers.:D

5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

2020 I am definitely done, hoping for a better 21 :cool:

Happy New Years to everyone on CGR!!!

Mike

6. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Happy new year boys:):D

mdcamping, BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Where have you been hiding Mr. Goodwin? About time you made yourself known to us yanks after a long spell of not having your wonderful pictures to look at and envy. Hope your hand is all back to normal again and that all is well with you and your family. An old time friend who lives in Sydney, the one who found you when I asked him to try and locate you last year, said that COVID19 has had a recent rise in number of cases but he's hoping it will go back down quickly once folks all start getting their vaccine shots. Anyway, glad to hear from you and a belated Happy New Year right back attcha mate..............:) Now, time to get that camera out and start taking pictures again...........:D

All the best, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  8. The5goodwins

The5goodwins
    Expand Collapse

Happy New Year Terry and the rest of the lads.

All good here the hand is still not good and hopefully will improve enough to return to full duties soon. Have been renovating parts of the house but will have a few trip reports very soon. In terms of COVID the Sydney spike went to nearly 90 cases but we have it very much under control here. I truly feel for you all over there and really hope you stay well, I find that I check the page regularly as when you are all posting, I know you are all well. At the moment believe it or not we are continuously getting multiple weeks of zero community transmission to a point where big news today was 1 case in the State of Victoria and 1 case in the State of Western Australia. Australia has managed the whole situation extremely well.

At this stage 2022 or 2023 is still in the initial planning, and we have pretty much decided we want to come over in Spring/Summer.

I have been watching a fair bit of Youtube particularly a guy called Abom Adventures for ideas and locations. Well worth a watch all.

If it happens (I will know for sure its going ahead probably early April) we have decided on one of the following 2 options (A driving Holiday) in terms of where we are going;

OPTION 1: Forth Worth - Austin - San Antonio - New Orleans - Orlando - Miami

OPTION 2: Fort Worth - Colorado - Wyoming (Yellowstone) - Billings Montana (I have family there)

Again glad you are all OK.

Cheers

Goodie

@BankShot @mdcamping @NYDutch @Paythebill @Rollin Ollens

9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Yo mate - - - :D Glad to hear you are doing well and that the hand is coming along and will soon be back to normal operation again. Real shame that happened to you. Either of your two trip options sound great and the one you choose will be the right one for sure. This COVID thing has certainly messed up travel plans for a lot of folks. Normally at this time we would be over in Arizona sipping margaritas and wine but not this year. Last outing was back in August and the old RV moans at us every time we walk buy it. Take care down there and be safe, well and healthy in all regards...............

Terry...............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill and The5goodwins like this.