Winter

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Fun finders, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

God I hate winter! 38” of snow so far and its not even close to being over. With temperatures in the high -20’s to -30’s C overnight and daytime highs of -15 it makes for a long season. We purchased a couple of used snowmobiles this winter to try and pass time but I still long for summer. I’m not looking for sympathy just bored out of my mind sitting here on a Sunday :)

Paythebill likes this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey Fun finders - - - You think you've got it tough? Try living in No. California where it's in the mid 60s during the day with lows overnight down to almost freezing right now. Still warm enough to be doing some grilling and even eating outdoors. Can't wear my new winter jacket as it's a sub zero model and the water pipes don't freeze overnight so I ain't got no ice for my iced tea or Margaritas. To top it off the darn birds are singing so loudly I can't hear my neighbor when we banter back and forth over who's going to be playing in the Super Bowl soon. And then there's that pesky fox that keeps hopping up on my deck while I'm grilling the steaks, and hoping he's going to get a bite. I tell ya, it just ain't fair how you folks have it so good. Oh well, life just pushes on and we just have to accept our lot in it. Be glad you have what you have, you could end up like we are out here...............:eek: Spring will be here before you know it and we'll both be out RVing again............:D

Push on, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Oh your a funny guy. I’ll gladly trade spots with you for the next couple of months, come on how about it?:)

Paythebill and Rollin Ollens like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Make you a deal Greg that you can refuse if you have a mind to? :rolleyes: Go to the store, grab a case of good craft bottled beer, not the stuff that comes in a can no matter what the name is :p, some munchies, lots and lots of munchies, light a fire in the old fireplace, have the 82" big OLED TV at the ready along with a nice big comfy/cozy lush leather electric recliner and a extra blanket or two in case the wood runs out, and I'll be back there to watch the Super Bowl. :cool: You on the other hand are more than welcome to use my RV that is parked in its resting place for winter. You can go buy some eats and stuff for your own personal pleasure along whatever libations you choose to go with them. I'll make sure the propane tank is full so you can use the furnace to keep warm and will leave the water on in case you need to wash your hands before indulging ;). If the propane happens to run out then you are welcome to use both of the radiant electric portable heaters to keep warm as we are fully hooked up. The bathroom facilities will be just outside a short distance away in the old outhouse:(. Oh, and make sure not to bother the animals and birds that are inside during the winter. One parrot does like to sit on your shoulder on occasion to watch the game and will screech when the game isn't going his way. Right in your ear..:eek:.. so wear an earmuff on the side he's siting on. If he gets too upset with how the game is going he may just decide to do a dropping on your shoulder..:mad:.. but not to worry he doesn't get that upset very often. If all this sounds good to you let me know and you can go out and buy the round trip airline tickets for the both of us (first class for me please:)). As a gesture of RVer good will I will pickup the tab for your Uber ride to my digs from the airport and back. If this works for you please let me know asap as there are several others who want to do the switch with me who are complaining about their weather also, but none are RVers so you automatically go to the head of the list. How do that make you feel................:D

Go 9ers..............Terry............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I have to tell you that life ain't that tough down here. We are near Winterhaven California (just west of Yuma Az) and our daily averages are in the low 20s C (between 70 and 75 F). We had originally planned to stay in Canada for the winter but with the huge floods, incredible rains and then when it snowed heavily in White Rock BC we said enough! We left for the warm January 3rd and haven't regretted it for a moment.

COVID has not been an issue. We have had our shots and booster plus we follow the same protocol that we have since the outset. We book our reservations on line. We shop (wearing our masks) during off peak times to minimize contact and we find our lives are not being affected any different than if we had stayed in Canada. Our health insurance premium did not go up because of COVID so what the heck!

Come on down!! There is plenty of room for you here. There is a distinct lack of Canadian License Plates in the shopping center parking lots. If you need dental work or eyeglasses etc, there is no waiting for an appointment or long border lineup for Los Algodones. A friend staying in Yuma camp ground tells us that the streets are empty. There is no need for you to be up there freezing your butts off when you can be down here enjoying the warmth, eating great Mexican and the cold (weak) American beer is inexpensive!

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  6. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Hey Terry and Darrell,
    If I didn’t have to work and help support our government by paying more than my fair share of taxes (not to get political) I would definitely come out to California for awhile before heading down to Arizona. Nothing better than warm weather and cheap beer in my books. And by the way Terry I would be with DW so the parrot thing is a deal breaker, she is deathly afraid of birds.

Paythebill likes this.
  7. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I am so sorry that "work" is a hinderance. I do remember that predicament. Although I did enjoy my job, and, believe it or not, I was not thinking about retirement until one aspect of my work caused me to do a rethink. Best rethink of my life! I recommend doing that rethink sooner than later! Sadly,., I too, still support our government but only "financially". Those darn taxes just won't go away. I feel for you but cheer up. Spring will arrive and hopefully before April 15th when we plan to arrive back in Canada! Stay warm and stay safe!

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  8. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all you do!

If you check under the Park Management forum under Bathhouse Design, there is another ad message.

9. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Chris I reported on that one also

Well one thing is for certain during this long cold stretch of winter my anti freeze in my 2 travel trailers is being put to the test. Can't wait to sell my hybrid this coming spring and get some space back on my driveway. Ford has told me my F-150 is being built this week..yeah!

Mike

Rollin Ollens likes this.