Starlink Dish Mounting?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by weighit, Jun 1, 2022.

1. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Just ordered the Starlink internet system to use at home and in the motorhome.when we travel. My Motorhome has no ladder on the rear and I see many other MH users are mounting the dish on that ladder. If you don;t have a ladder on your rig, how are you mounting the dish? Are you just laying it on the ground? It costs $600 and hate to have it "walk away" one night.

2. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I have seen many RV'ers mount the dish on a tripod. I realize mounting on a tripod is not as secure as mounting on a MH attached ladder, but I have never heard of a dish disappearing during the night. But in today's crime climate I would also find something more secure than a tripod.

3. SueDIz

SueDIz
    Expand Collapse

We also do not have a rear ladder, so hubby takes out his ladder and we have been putting it on the roof. Makes me more comfortable that it won’t get stolen at night but we will be making a small platform the size of the stand and then add a few bags of sand to add weight in case of high winds. We are presently in a forested campground with just a small sky hole and the Starlink is working. We do get a few lags here and there but for the most part it’s great. Very happy so far with our purchase.

RVL282410 likes this.