Which portable power station is suitable for camping?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Raver, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Raver

Raver
    Expand Collapse

Which portable power station is suitable for camping
    What preparations do we need to do when camping? Now is the era of rampant electrical appliances, and we cannot lack the support of electricity. Of course, some campsites with equipment arrangements are provided with electricity, but for example, when we go to camping in some remote areas, how can we solve this problem?

I see many portable power stations online, how do I choose?

Jackery

BLUETTI

EcoFlow

SOUOP

Which of these brands is more worth choosing?

2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

what type of camping setup do you have? this will make a big difference as to your power needs. (I suspect I won't get a response, but if I do, sorry for pegging you as a scammer).

--Chris g.

3. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Mamunur Rashid likes this.
  4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I looked long and hard at this one. I did not report it because the ads were for more than one manufacturer but I like they way you have laid out your response. I'm betting with you that Raver is just fishing for business!! :) (and if I am wrong, I do apologize)

5. Raver

Raver
    Expand Collapse

Have a car fridge, mini oven and sandwich maker, don't have a lot of appliances yet, just hoping to get enough power for my electronics and those appliances while camping.

Mamunur Rashid likes this.
  6. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Most of those brands make several models in varying capacity. Consider pairing one with a solar panel. One more consideration is the form factor. I like Bluetti because the handle folds flat, nice cube shape for packing.

Another consideration is what sort of battery you are getting. Lithium batteries have various configurations. Some work well in cold - others, not. Some have many more charge cycles than others.

LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) batteries are my preference and I would look for a 700 or 800 W size - anything more is heavy to lug around. Add a 200 watt solar panel and you should be all set.

Note that any appliances that generate heat will drain your battery quickly. A decent size generator/ battery will charge your phone, laptop, tablet and small gear many time before it's exhausted.

Paythebill likes this.
  7. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

You do know, this is a website for RVs, right? we may be able to give you some advice on generators, solar panels and portable power stations for an RV, but when it comes to a home improvement like this, I'd reccomend a different forum, like a DIY forum for actual sticks and bricks homes.

Raisy likes this.