Toronto to PEI

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Malom, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Malom

Malom
    Expand Collapse

Hi, we are planning a 9 days road trip from Toronto to Pei and wanted to know best route and parks to stay on the Canadian route. Starting on Sep 2nd.

2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Greetings Malom and welcome to the Forum. As it happens, we have just completed that route (roughly). Hamilton is the closest city to Toronto that we stayed near. You can check our reviews for Campgrounds that we stayed at on route (click on our user name and then click on profile to see what RV Parks we used and go from there if you like). You can also use RV Life's trip planner to help you with driving times and suggested stopping points etc.

We don't like to travel great distances between campground so our choice of overnighters will probably be a lot different than yours. You don't say if your nine days is a round trip or one way, We strongly suspect that you are considering it to be a round trip plan thus I think you will be rushed. In our opinion, there is lots to see and do along the way plus P E I is a beautiful province with lots of history. We were on the island for a couple of weeks but should have stayed longer. We would suggest that you extend your trip longer than nine days if possible. Then you could take some time to smell the roses so as to speak.

At any rate, we hope that we have helped you at least a small amount. We wish you a safe and enjoyable journey.

Darrell and Jerry

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

i through this route into a mapping software, and its about 1600 miles one way. divide this by 9 and it comes to 186 miles a day, which is not bad (assuming no staying in one place for a day or more).
    if this is round trip, then you would be driving over 376 miles each day, again, with no long stops on any day. this would be alot of driving with almost no time to enjoy the trip or sight see.

i agree with Darrell & jerry, you may need more days.

Malom and Paythebill like this.
  4. Malom

Malom
    Expand Collapse

Hi Darrel and Jerry

Thanks for your info, it's very helpfull. We plan to take 6 days to get to PEI and then do a straight return to Toronto. Hope we had more days but don't.

Malcolm

5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I doubt if the campgrounds we used will be of much help then. Sorry. But there is some consolation. You will be leaving the first of September thus the summer vacation period being gone should free up some campsites for you. You can get the RV Life app for your phone and when you feel like you have driven far enough, at your finger tips will be a list of close by campgrounds.

Good luck. Drive safe and have a pleasant trip.

Darrell and Jerry

Paythebill likes this.