Has anyone towed a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan?

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by HDud, Aug 3, 2022.

1. HDud

HDud
    Expand Collapse

I am thinking of purchasing a MasterTow dolly. I have a 2004 Grand Caravan and was wondering if anyone had towed one that way. The manual says No Towing with a dolly but it is front wheel drive so I don’t see why not. Just wondering if anyone has any information on towing a Caravan. I have a 2022 Forrester 3051 Class C.
    Thanks

2. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

The Dodge Grand Caravan can't be flat towed because the vehicle is a front-wheel drive. Flat towing vehicles with front-wheel drive will result in catastrophic drivetrain damage. Therefore, the only way to tow a Dodge Grand Caravan is to use a dolly or trailer

3. HDud

HDud
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply. The owners manual says you can’t flat tow or use a dolly. I think using a dolly would work fine too.

4. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

I towed my 2008 Town & Country using a Uhaul dolly from Az to Florida and it did fine. What i did see was that the van was wide and the fenders on that dolly would touch the doors when we turned but did no damage. I would be very careful if the dolly has steel fenders then it would have bent the doors.and I would not have towed it. Also you will need the wide model dolly, that might have made a diference but Uhaul only rented one type so that was what i used..

AliceMcKeever, HDud and Paythebill like this.
  5. HDud

HDud
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. Very helpful.

6. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Safe travels to you

AliceMcKeever likes this.