Best Services for TV and Internet??

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Erasmus, Aug 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erasmus

Erasmus
    Expand Collapse

I need help as I don't know much about equipment/services required for TV/Internet in an RV. I just bought a used 2017 Winnebago Tour 42QD, 43 foot motorhome. It came with a Satellite dish on the roof, which I believe was previously used with Direct TV as I see Direct TV notes in the manuals. It equipped with Winegard Rayzar Automatic Antenna (maybe dish on the roof??). As far as I can see the only equipment inside is a HDMI box which maybe allows the bedroom and outside TV to play what's on main screen (not sure about that).

Anyway, all I want is when on the road and at sites where Wifi is not available to have Internet, and, the ability to watch TV (ABC, NBC, etc.) along with some specialty channels, i.e. Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.

For Internet, I've been using my Verizon Hot Spot, but my data runs out quickly and programs start to buffer. So, for internet I'm just wanting access to stream wherever I go and without worrying about data running out.

Any suggestions on what I need and what services I need to seek are much appreciated?

2. IdahoPoes

IdahoPoes
    Expand Collapse

Erasmus, I just picked up a slightly used 2021 Coach House 271XLFR motorhome and it came with an in-motion satellite antenna (I use Dish) and a Winegard ConnecT 2.0+ Antenna System on the roof. The Winegard is a cellphone booster - WiFi extender - TV antenna - AM/FM antenna. The whole thing can rotate to point at the desired antenna location and it's usable while driving (in-motion). I love it! I should have gotten one of these on my previous RVs. Anyway, all you do is connect to the WiFi router built into the antenna system and it will provide strong signals inside your coach for all of the systems. Look into it when you have a chance.

Koszfin, ChesterMartin and Big BG like this.
  3. Big BG

Big BG
    Expand Collapse

We have T-Mobile service with 50G of hotspot data on our Iphones and use Amazon Firesticks. Works perfect in conjunction with a Wilson cell booster/antenna. When we become fulltime RVers we'll probably go with T-Mobile "home" internet for $50/month.

4. IdahoPoes

IdahoPoes
    Expand Collapse

We have Consumer Cellular (CC) service and 2 phones (Samsung Galaxy Flip 4 and an iPhone 13 Mini) and I believe CC still uses T-Mobile towers. The Winegard keeps us all connected on the road. Our satellite dish is an in-motion one but my wife prefers to binge watch Netflix and Prime on the big screen while I'm driving.

5. Flottle

Flottle
    Expand Collapse

How far does 50G data stretch as far as entertainment? Can you watch a couple hours a night and still be good?

6. Big BG

Big BG
    Expand Collapse

720P uses about 1GB/hour…1080P about 3GB/hour. Combined we have a total of 100gb hotspot data(50g each phone). I will say that I went over my phone limit watching all the bowl games while we were in Florida the week after Christmas. That’s the most TV I’ve watched all year.

7. dsusan28792

dsusan28792
    Expand Collapse

There is a 100 G package also available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.