Looking For Christian Family Campgrounds...

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by AllGlorytoHim, Oct 7, 2007.

1. AllGlorytoHim

AllGlorytoHim
    Expand Collapse

Hello all,
    We are located in SC but willing to go almost anywhere potentially. We are seeking Christian, Christ-centered Campgrounds....and I am guessing these would be private campgrounds...

If you have any suggestions as to publications or actual campgrounds we would appreciate it.

We have 3 children ages 5, 2, and 1 so a playground would be nice and possibly some water.

Thank you for your time and input.
    God Bless~~

2. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

I am not sure how far you would like to travel. I am in California and I only know of 1, but I'm sure there are more. It's called Hume lake Christian camp in the Sequoia Nathional park. I go there fly fishing and it is a beautiful little camp. No real rv park of any kind and it wouldn't be very big rig friendly, but if you were tent or popup camping this is a great place.

As always just my opinion,

3. rodeo2

rodeo2
    Expand Collapse

morro dunes r.v. park in morro bay is owned and operated by a very nice Christian family. it is evry kind of rig freindly and right on the beach.

4. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(AllGlorytoHim @ Oct 7 2007, 09:53 PM) [snapback]8576[/snapback]

Hello all,
    We are located in SC but willing to go almost anywhere potentially. We are seeking Christian, Christ-centered Campgrounds....and I am guessing these would be private campgrounds...

If you have any suggestions as to publications or actual campgrounds we would appreciate it.

We have 3 children ages 5, 2, and 1 so a playground would be nice and possibly some water.

God Bless~~

What exactly are you looking for? If you stay at Edisto State Park in the summer, someone there runs a bible school for the children. If you stay at Davidson River in Brevard NC, they have a service in the campground, plus there is an old Methodist church in the campground (we always go to that one - they have a children's sermon and go out of their way to make the campers feel welcome). Of course, at these two, you still have a CG open to all - so if you're trying to stay away from those that may be participating in adult beverages (guilty!), then these places won't do (though I've only seen a few times where people are out of controi, and they do a good job of keeping them in line). Cascade Lake (also near Brevard) doesn't allow alcohol, but I'm not sure of an familiy activities they may have.

Doing a search for Christian campgrounds in SC mainly brings up summer camps, not campgrounds. Though I did find one - Lakewood in Myrtle Beach. People that reviewed it said they like the fact that it is a Christian campground - though if you look at their website, I could really find only one reference (where the resort chaplian returned from an overseas ministry).

This probably wasn't much help - hope you find what you are looking for.

5. AllGlorytoHim

AllGlorytoHim
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the input thus far. I am actually from CA, I lived there my whole life except the last 7 years that I have been transplanted to SC =)

What am I looking for.... to be more specific if possible....I ahve seen plaes that say when they are Christian Campgrounds that means that they follow a stricter code of rules that follow more along what the bible says...the bathing suits are to be less revealing and cover ups are needed at all times, alcoholic beverages are not permitted, that there might be Christian activities for children or services on Sundays....

I have been to some campgrounds where they had a Sunday service but it was not a Christian campground, it was just a more run of the mill so to speak like any other campground....

i will look into the places you mentioned and thank you again for your feedback!!

6. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

Are you interested in campgrounds in Canada? If so, I can give you information on a couple of Christian campgrounds in Ontario.

7. AllGlorytoHim

AllGlorytoHim
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(campinggirl1964 @ Oct 11 2007, 07:04 PM) [snapback]8624[/snapback]

Are you interested in campgrounds in Canada? If so, I can give you information on a couple of Christian campgrounds in Ontario.

That would be great, thank you!

8. Camping Fan

Camping Fan
    Expand Collapse

I know of two Christian Campgrounds in Michigan, both are affiliated with the Free Methodist Church. Covenant Hills Campground is between Flint and Saginaw, Somerset Beach Campground is south of Jackson. Both campgrounds have lakes with swimming beaches and boat rentals, playground areas, basketball courts, etc. All sites at Covenant Hills have water/electric/sewer hook-ups, sites at Somerset Beach are electric only. Hope that helps.

9. AllGlorytoHim

AllGlorytoHim
    Expand Collapse

Oh thank you so much for the links, I will take a look into them, I am always happy to find more.
    Blessings~~

10. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

look at rippling waters church of god campground at romance west virginia email is rwcogcamp@hotmail.com they are in the trailer life directory.

this sounds like what you may be interested in

11. AllGlorytoHim

AllGlorytoHim
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much that does sound about right!!

12. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(AllGlorytoHim @ Oct 11 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]8626[/snapback]

QUOTE(campinggirl1964 @ Oct 11 2007, 07:04 PM) [snapback]8624[/snapback]

That would be great, thank you!

One of the campgrounds is about 20 minutes from the US/Canada border (Sarnia, Ontario on the Canada side, Port Huron, Michigan on the American). It is called Lakewood Christian Campground and it is in Forest Ontario. We used it as a seasonal campground this summer - it was extremely quiet, even on long weekends. It has a pool, and there is a fairly nice beach (for Ontario standards) within walking distance. There is a chapel service on Sunday and events for children during the week. Their website is www. lakewoodchristiancampground.com.

The other campground is part of Fairhavens Ministries (www.fairhavens.org) to get to the campground section - click on Family Camp and Bible Conference at the top, then on Services & Fees, then "camping". This really is more of a resort/conference centre than a campground, but there are constant activities for the whole family every day. I did a rather lengthy review of this campground - it's under Beaverton, Ontario.

All the best with your search!

13. CampingForHim

CampingForHim
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(AllGlorytoHim @ Oct 7 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]8576[/snapback]

Hello all,

God Bless~~

Hello AllGlory toHim,

Have you ever found any Christian campgrounds in SC? I live in NC am would like to find the same.

God Bless,
    Brian

14. Melissa D. SC

Melissa D. SC
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(CampingForHim @ Jun 6 2009, 10:54 PM) [snapback]16851[/snapback]

Hello AllGlory toHim,

Have you ever found any Christian campgrounds in SC? I live in NC am would like to find the same.

God Bless,
    Brian

I am finally back after a computer crash and had no access to the forum. I did not have any luck finding any campgrounds. At the time we had borrowed a trailer so were not going out regularly.

However!!!!! We were just blessed with receiving a 1999, 27' Award trailer from relatives!!! So we are searching in earnest now and hope we come across some beautiful places.

The site mentioned above...Rippling Waters.....appears to be very nice by the reviews.

If anyone else sees this thread and can suggest any other Campgrounds that would be Christian, family friendly....it would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Blessings,
    Melissa D. SC

15. rvmamabel

rvmamabel
    Expand Collapse

Lakewood Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC

It's right on the ocean, large, with lots of amenities. We're not captial-c christians, but this campground sure is. You'll see when you visit the website, which is attainable through a search in this site. The campground was definitely clean, family oriented, and enforced their own rules, which was very refreshing and much appreciated during our stay during...Holy Week! They have a lot of services for that, an on-site ministry and Sunday services, and during Holy Week, a huge display of the crucifixition story, which pretty much disturbed my young daughters as being a bit to graphic for them. However, you'll love the services on the beach I'm sure.

16. Cresco299

Cresco299
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Melissa D. SC @ Jun 8 2010, 02:37 PM) [snapback]22441[/snapback]

If anyone else sees this thread and can suggest any other Campgrounds that would be Christian, family friendly....it would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Blessings,
    Melissa D. SC

Spruce Lake Retreat
    http://www.sprucelake.org/

This is a great place to stay North Eastern PA. I admit that I've never stayed here myself, but I live right down the road and have many friends who work there. I have been invited by them to partake in occasional activities at the camp, so that might make me a little impartial! There is a lot going on there, and a campground is only a small portion of their ministry. It's a retreat / conference center & summer camp for kids. There is a lot do on site (which is heavily forested, sprawling for over 800 acres), but if you wish to leave the camp, you'll find yourself smack dab in the middle of the Pocono Mountains with lots of activities to keep you busy.

Another one that I know absolutely nothing about is The Highland Retreat.
    http://www.highlandretreat.org

I only mention this one because (1) It's probably closer to you & (2) the previous director of Spruce Lake recently made a move to this Christian Camp (A top notch family who follows where God leads)

Good Luck in your search!

17. billa26

billa26
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(AllGlorytoHim @ Oct 7 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]8576[/snapback]

Hello all,

God Bless~~

SC I assume is South Carolina? If you are looking to travel North on I-77, I think you would enjoy Rippling Waters Camp ground. It is ran by a church, and has a little church accross a pond with water fountains spraying water from the middle of the pond. Very beautiful, and really nice people to deal with. There is a playground, water, and sewer hook up. Not bad travel rd to get to the campgrounds. I hope this will help. This is located in Sissonville Wv, just north of Charleston Wv.

18. A hitch and hop

A hitch and hop
    Expand Collapse

19. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I don't know what kind of free time you have and with kids of that age it may not be possible, but perhaps you could consider part time volunteering at a church camp where there were RV facilities for the volunteers.

We have work camped for many years. This summer we did so at a church camp for the first time and enjoyed the experience so much that we have already committed to doing it again next year. Those type places are all over the country.

20. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

There is a Christian RV park in Cocoa, Florida - Son Rise Palms. It's a short drive to the beach and maybe an hour to Disney, etc. Sonrisepalmsrv.com. I don't know anything personally about them.