Dog Parks In Rv Parks

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by parrysue, Oct 15, 2007.

1. parrysue

parrysue
    Expand Collapse

I really want to find some Rv parks in Florida with Dog Parks in them. So many of us have dogs it would be so nice to let them run free. Please tell me if any of you know of any Dog Parks - not dog walks - in the campground. Many thanks :rolleyes:

2. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

I share your wish.....a large fenced area suitable for exercising a dog. I know of two such parks....but, unfortuantely, neither is in Florida. One is in Charleston, SC, and is the James Island County Park. Very nice, with a huge exercise and swimming area for dogs. The other is in Rutherfordton, NC (near Ashville). It is Called Four Paws RV Park. It too is great, with separate exercise areas for big versus small dogs. The owners here really love dogs and the place is not overrun with kids.

I wish there were more parks like these two. Perhaps others will know of some

3. OldSoldier

OldSoldier
    Expand Collapse

I agree whole-heartedely. Unfortunately we have 2 big dogs and most dog runs at RV parks are for small dogs.

*shrug*

Oh well.....

:)

4. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

I hear you too. There is also one at the Myrtle Beach, SC KOA. It has exercise equipment as well. I don't know how large of a dog it can accommodate.

5. sparky

sparky
    Expand Collapse

Dog Fenced in area
    at KOA Willmington,NC is really great. and they provide the baggies and have several trash cans around the park just for your doggies pleasure
    sparky in Va.

6. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

Not sure where you are in Florida, but Lee and Charlotte county both have dog parks. I can see some problems with liability if they are run by the park. All dogs are not that socialized even though their owner might thing they are. We are not referring to a dog run. We are talking about a dog park.

7. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

I would like to see one dog park. I been in every state east of the Mississippi River, have not come across a dog park. I have a Blue Tick Coon Hound dog with is very hard to walk on a leach. I was told some one down in Mississippi that on was to train a dog is by electric stoke. I told him us nothern train by using love and dog treat. Daisy was taking out of Mississippi be the owner was miss treated her.

8. elainefaith

elainefaith
    Expand Collapse

Just returned from a 4 mo trip. I didn't find any dog parks located in rv parks but many towns have fenced off areas for dogs. I'm in Islamorada, Fl keys. We have a lovely park, come on down.

9. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

I would like to see one dog park. I been in every state east of the Mississippi River, have not come across a dog park. I have a Blue Tick Coon Hound dog with is very hard to walk on a leach. I was told some one down in Mississippi that on was to train a dog is by electric stoke. I told him us nothern train by using love and dog treat. Daisy was taking out of Mississippi be the owner was miss treated her.

You haven't looked very hard because dog parks are getting quit common. Florida has a lot of them. I don't think you under stand how electric collars work. There is nothing inhuman about them. If you have a had time walking your dog on a lead, you love training is not working very well.

10. parrysue

parrysue
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes: QUOTE(Big Ben @ Nov 5 2007, 11:31 PM) [snapback]9028[/snapback]

You haven't looked very hard because dog parks are getting quit common. Florida has a lot of them. I don't think you under stand how electric collars work. There is nothing inhuman about them. If you have a had time walking your dog on a lead, you love training is not working very well.

I hope I can reply to my own post. Yes the Rutherfordton NC Doggie RV park was the best, we just left there (11-1-07) so it was cool and near empty - but what a great place for dogs and the humans who love them. The owners are real nice to dogs and humans alike. We even took an agility class which will help keep my 2 year old mentally and physically active for years to come. I just tried to use a dog park in Charlotte NC but you must be a resident. So the search continues, I hope the public parks in Florida don't require residency. :blink:

11. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(parrysue @ Nov 6 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]9033[/snapback]

:rolleyes: QUOTE(Big Ben @ Nov 5 2007, 11:31 PM) [snapback]9028[/snapback]

I hope I can reply to my own post. Yes the Rutherfordton NC Doggie RV park was the best, we just left there (11-1-07) so it was cool and near empty - but what a great place for dogs and the humans who love them. The owners are real nice to dogs and humans alike. We even took an agility class which will help keep my 2 year old mentally and physically active for years to come. I just tried to use a dog park in Charlotte NC but you must be a resident. So the search continues, I hope the public parks in Florida don't require residency. :blink:

At home I use electric collar for my dog. I like it very much. The person was not talking about that I ask if he mean electric collar, he said not. The owners in Mississippi teach dog to run deer. He told me about other state to that too. Other dog join in the pack. The only way to stop it is give the dog electric stoke. Have not been to Florida. We only travel 4 week out of the year. 2 spring time and 2 time in the fall.

12. j&b

j&b
    Expand Collapse

We travel with 3 English Mastiffs and love to find campgrounds with a dog park. The KOA Nashville has 2 areas side by side with climbing and agility spots. The one side is large enough to accomodate all of our dogs at the same time. The KOA in Baton Rouge also has a dog area which will take all 3 at the same time also. :D

13. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

Just stayed at the Fayetteville KOA in NC. They have a wonderful fenced in dog run with chairs for us pet owners to lounge in while our dogs have a field day. They provide "dog waste" baggies and disposal cans as well as balls and throw toys. It's large enough for even the biggest dogs to get a full out exercise. In addition, the campground is a pretty nice place to stay too.