Auxilliary Fuel Tanks

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Holiday Rambling, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

We are currently checking into having an auxilliary fuel tank installed in our 07 GMC HD 2500 Diesel Pickup Truck. I would appreciate comments (pro/con) from anyone who has self installed or had professionally installed one of these tanks.

Thanks for your input,

ls

2. bettywalt9

bettywalt9
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(T Lynn @ Oct 25 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]8840[/snapback]

We are currently checking into having an auxilliary fuel tank installed in our 07 GMC HD 2500 Diesel Pickup Truck. I would appreciate comments (pro/con) from anyone who has self installed or had professionally installed one of these tanks.

Thanks for your input,

ls

3. dpgllg

dpgllg
    Expand Collapse

I am also looking to add an auxiliary tank to my Chevy 2500HD Gas engine. The standard 26 gallon tank does not get you very far.

I have found out that there is a big difference between gas and diesel tanks. Also for trucks made after 2004 the regulations have changed. There are no real options for gas trucks.

Try this website for information. http://www.transferflow.com/

I also called them to see if they could provide a solution for my gas truck and as I said there are no real options.

4. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

dpg, that's the same company we are looking at. We are looking at the 70 gal tank. Currently, our diesel truck holds 34 gals but still doesn't get you far at 12 mpg. I also called the company to inquire about their systems and was very impressed with the "Express-UFS" system. But I think you're right about options for gas engines. They mailed us a very nice catague that we got a lot of information from. Thanks for your input.

ls