Rv Service Places Thumbs Up

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, Dec 24, 2007.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I want to use this thread to talk about good places to get RV service. I'm going to start a "Thumbs down" for ones that are not good.

Anyway, I want to recommend Uhlmann's RV in Chehalis, WA.

I was travelling south in I-5 in Washington, and my tank heaters fell off! Ok, they were still barely attached at one end, but they were flapping while I was driving! It was Christmas Eve, and I had trouble finding places that were open for business! Finally, I pulled off to an RV park in Chehalis (called Harrison) and asked them, they told me "Uhlmann's is open, I just talked to them." So, I hauled butt to their place, and they re-attached my tank heaters! They also checked them over to make sure there was no damage to the wires from flapping around. Funny thing is, they said, "no charge." I protested, and said they MUST charge me something! Ok, so why did I protest a "no charge?" I'm getting to that. Chehalis is located in a place that had significant flooding in early December, and residents there are elegible for FEMA aid. In fact, that part of I-5 that goes through Chehalis was under water for about 5 days during that time! I carefully explained to the RV service people that "the gods caused my RV damage just so I could come here and contribute some money to your flood ravaged economy!" They laughed and said "still no charge."

So, I felt obligated to buy something. I bought a 2007 Trailer Life Directory (my current one is from 2004), and I stocked up on light bulbs for my RV. Spent about $40 just so I could "thank" them.

Anyway, THUMBS UP to them!

JJ

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Dec 24 2007, 09:31 PM) [snapback]9628[/snapback]

Hi JJ,

You may wish to do a report here:

http://www.rvservicereviews.com/

Did it! Thanks!

JJ

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Don't have anything significant to chat about...but appreciate this link. Thank you.
    B)

5. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Best RV repair shop we've every encountered anywhere in the country, and a totally dependable place in every respect: Atlantic Mobile RV Repair in Flagler Beach, Florida. The owner, Tim Horvath, is an rv repair genuis!

6. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Beastdriver:

Did he fix your A/C problem, or is that a bad subject ??

7. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

May I recommend DeWalt RV Sales and Services in Kutztown, PA area. OUTSTANDING!! We encountered hitch problems enroute to a 2 week vacation in New England on day one. Stopped in at DeWalt RV around 10 a.m. on a Saturday morning. Everyone was extremely accommodating; worked us right in and installed a new hitch and sent us on our way within 2 hours. :)

8. zingy

zingy
    Expand Collapse

Our water heater went out while in Hammond, LA, and I called local places:
    DJM Enterprises in Hammond, LA was fantastic! Our unit cost $350.
    Camping World said there's no way he can help me determine the type of new water heater to get, we'd have to bring it in. When we determined what to buy, it would have been $550.
    Another local place was good, but DJM was about $50 cheaper.
    DJM helped us well over the phone, in person, and all. Saw them at a New Orelans RV show, and they remembered our names! Really nice people there!

9. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Butch: Sorry to be so late in answering your question, but I just saw your post. Yes, Tim Horvath at Atlantic RV did indeed fix the problem. We've parked the RV for the winter but, for the past four months, have left both AC units on and check them frequently to see if all is okay. It is.
    Thanks for asking.

10. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Mar 6 2008, 09:14 AM) [snapback]10570[/snapback]

Butch: Sorry to be so late in answering your question, but I just saw your post. Yes, Tim Horvath at Atlantic RV did indeed fix the problem. We've parked the RV for the winter but, for the past four months, have left both AC units on and check them frequently to see if all is okay. It is.
    Thanks for asking.

You are most welcome, was curious as to wether the repair to the a/c problem has corrected the a/c failure.
    Thanks for your response.

11. stonybirch

stonybirch
    Expand Collapse

We have put thousands of miles on our RVs since retiring and have never had the need for major service. Well, our luck ran out during our return home. We had spent the night at a park north of Waco, Tx when our motorhome (class C) would not start! All systems were fine, just would not start. The owner of the park helped as best they could by giving us names and numbers to call. As our rig is still under warranty we had to do through Ford. We finally were able to have our rig towed to Bird-Kultgen Ford in Waco. They were waiting for us to arrive, Took the necessary information and in a very short time told us the fuel pump needed to be replaced. Unfortunately, they did have one in stock. Their service personnel immediatly set about to find us a place to spend the night and places to eat. They said they would give us a ride to where we wanted to go. That was not necessary as we had our tow car. The next morning when we arrived our rig was ready and waiting for us. As there were issues about the warranty, we thought we may have to pay for the service. They "No, we will deal with Ford. You just go on your way and drive safely." We would definitely recommend this dealership for their EXCELLENT SERVICE.