Rv Service Places Thumbs Down

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, Dec 24, 2007.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Like it says, a place to vent about bad service. Right now, I don't have anything to contribute.

JJ

2. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

Are we naming names or just venting about poor service in general?

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mastercraft @ Dec 24 2007, 09:24 PM) [snapback]9627[/snapback]

Are we naming names or just venting about poor service in general?

Naming names! Or, if you don't want to "name names," you can tell us the location of the business, and give enough "hints" so we know what to look for.......

JJ

4. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Have posted about a service concern before as it pertains to a windshield water leak on our class A made by Monaco. We would not purchase another Monaco manufactured motor home. We finally did get Monaco to repair their screw up, but it took three years. Our local dealer was great, just the manufacturer would not step up. At this point we have talked to numerous owners of all different manufacturers and have found two that stand behind their product, hands down.

5. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

-------------
    'Butch' date='Dec 26 2007,
    ...At this point we have talked to numerous owners of all different manufacturers and have found two that stand behind their product, hands down.

-------------
    I'm curious as to the results...mind sharing?

6. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Worst RV repair shops in the country IMHO: Ranch RV Sales in Petoskey, Michigan, and Bare RV Service in Traverse City, Michigan. Ranch is a ripoff place, and Bare is totally unreliable.

7. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

tried to get something fixed on my cedar creek. dealer 20 minutes from me wouldn't come fix the problem. i'm at a seasonal site. they told me take it back to where i bought it from. i was under warranty at the time. where i bought it from was better than 3 hr away. skyway rv in ellenville, ny. don't go there.

8. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

Crown RV in Conyers GA. Made us take the whole camper to them to fix a drawer. I ended up doing it myself for under 20 dollars in parts. Also, took the unit to them 3 times to fix a warranty problem with the refrigerator, each time they said all it needed was a cleaning. Took it to another dealer, they ended up replacing the circuit board. I am now dealing with a dealership called Sawnee Mountain in Cumming GA. They are a little inexperienced, but great to work with.

9. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

:( Purchased a new RV from Endless Summer RV's in Frederick, MD. Upon signing purchase agreement of the new RV, we scheduled a pick-up date for the new unit 2 weeks later. When we arrived the unit had not been cleaned or serviced. Service set up the hitch and hooked it up to our tow vehicle and we left (long story short). Half way home the lift up bracket on the travel trailer tongue came loose bending the bracket and causing the trailer to jerk violently to one side causing us to almost lose both RV and vehicle. They explained that away with a "sorry". They did however send us a new bracket after we had purchased a new one in order to make it home. Many problems after getting RV home, one of which was a commode that looked like someone had "robbed Peter to pay Paul". Manufacturer told us to order new one and dealership would be responsible for re-imbursement. It is now coming up on 1 yr since the purchase of the new RV and STILL NO RE-IMBURSEMENT. Can't get calls/emails answered or returned. This is a brand new Holiday Rambler Presidential (of which we are pleased with the trailer) but certaintly not with Endless Summer RV's. Monaco Coach Corp insist that it is the dealership's responsibility for re-imbursement. Such a shame because they make a fine product as RV's go. My sincere advice is to "STAY AWAY FROM ENDLESS SUMMER RV'S" if you desire customer satisfaction! :(

10. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Dec 26 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]9639[/snapback]

Have posted about a service concern before as it pertains to a windshield water leak on our class A made by Monaco. We would not purchase another Monaco manufactured motor home. We finally did get Monaco to repair their screw up, but it took three years. Our local dealer was great, just the manufacturer would not step up. At this point we have talked to numerous owners of all different manufacturers and have found two that stand behind their product, hands down.

We found Monaco to be helpful but the dealership where we purchased a new HR to be sorely lacking in every respect when it comes to customer satisfaction and resolving warranty issues. This is our third HR product and second with this dealership so you would think we would be treated as we were with our first purchase. Byt sadly that is not to be. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ENDLESS SUMMER RV"S!

11. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

got another one. sun bird rv in lakewood ,nj my son's slide out was being pulled apart because the adjustment was set up wrong. the outside was being pulled off the sides. it was under warranty. they where charging in him $1500 to fix it. when asked for the bill at first they wouldn't give it to him. after he called the police they gave him the bill which said no charge. they still refused to give him his trailer without paying them the money. the cop said if he drove in and took his trailer they could arrest him for trespassing. he wound up paying them to get his trailer. they had it for 4 months

12. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Dec 26 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]9640[/snapback]

-------------
    ...At this point we have talked to numerous owners of all different manufacturers and have found two that stand behind their product, hands down.

-------------

We do not mind sharing our findings, but everyone must realize that this information was the results, over a period of two camping seasons, to questions and during the course of conversations with Rv owners and personnel within the Rv industry.
    The two we found were:
    1) Tiffen Coach
    2) Newmar Corp

But again was our findings and opinions.

13. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Understood. Thanks. ;)
    Happy New Year!

14. Old Guys Rule

Old Guys Rule
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Dec 31 2007, 08:36 AM) [snapback]9705[/snapback]

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Dec 26 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]9640[/snapback]

-------------

-------------

We do not mind sharing our findings, but everyone must realize that this information was the results, over a period of two camping seasons, to questions and during the course of conversations with Rv owners and personnel within the Rv industry.
    The two we found were:
    1) Tiffen Coach
    2) Newmar Corp

But again was our findings and opinions.

You can add the Forrest River diesel division to your list. They have been marvelous to work with on items the dealer didn't want to handle. They actually came and picked up the coach and then delivered it back to us when work was completed.

15. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Old Guys Rule @ Jan 1 2008, 10:02 AM) [snapback]9728[/snapback]

You can add the Forrest River diesel division to your list. They have been marvelous to work with on items the dealer didn't want to handle. They actually came and picked up the coach and then delivered it back to us when work was completed.

Ok, I had to read this twice. This is a THUMBS UP post! Glad to know! I currently own a Forest River, and have been pleased with them, but I don't have a diesel.

JJ

16. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

I would like to give a big thumbs up to Monaco.When we bought our 07 Monaco Knight around the time the FMCA rally was going on in Charlotte ,mind you we do live here in Mooresville,NC (Charlotte area).We took delivery from our local dealer and 4 days later we had a fridge leek and was not fixable on the spot, so we went to the rally to talk to the peaple from Monaco and one of the head peaple from Monaco company and we told him our problem,and he asked where the coach was and he sent a tech to check it out he then went back and Monaco told me we will have a driver pick up your coach in the morning 6am to take it to Florida (Wildwood) fix the problem and replace anything that got wet.They would call me at the end of each day to update me.When it was finished they flew me down to pick it up and payed for my fuel back to mooresville.Know that is service and they did it with no questions asked and appologized up and down for what happened. Thanks Monaco

17. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

RL36 we are glad that Monaco did what they should have done. That did not happen for us in the beginning, but like yourself, and three years later we attended an International Holiday Rambler rally and spoke to the highest ranking Monaco official, presented all the correspondence relating to the problem, and spoke of our total disappointment with Monaco. They did fix the windshield water leak, but the frustration and B.S. from corporate HQs, in the past leading up to the repair, has turned us from even considering any coach with a Monaco name plate on it. Their quality control at their factories is very poor to non-existant. Sure are glad for you, but we will not put ourselves in that position again. Monaco's loss....

NOTE: During the repair by the factory tech, the tech stated that the windshield weatherstrip did not have any caulk/sealant in the areas required, and that the factory pushes the units out the door, and leaves the selling/servicing dealer to correct all the deficiencies. Namely the manufacturers' screw-ups.

18. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

Butch-I can understand where your comming from and dont blame you for feeling the way you do.I think I was lucky on a few reasons,1. being that I just bought it 2.the rally was going on 3.Iwas lucky that Monaco had one of there highest ranking persons there 4.By not doing it especially at a rally as big as those are they dont want to look bad 5.He new I wasnt happy. It might not have been as easy,maybe if the rally wasnt going on,but I still give Monaco there prop's for stepping up to the plate when they needed to and when you spend that much money on a coach or even a travel trailer it doesnt matter they need to stand behind there product and believe it is the best and if something goes wrong they need to get it repaired.I hope your next coach manufacture treats you in a better way,but I guess they all have there flawes some more than others.There is one manufactue that I would never ever consider knowing what I know about there customer service,every person I talked to who has one even a dealer salesman even told me how bad they are said he wouldnt buy one now that is bad. Have an awesome day Butch..........Richard

19. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RL36 @ Jan 2 2008, 09:35 AM) [snapback]9748[/snapback]

Butch-I can understand where your comming from and dont blame you for feeling the way you do.I think I was lucky on a few reasons,1. being that I just bought it 2.the rally was going on 3.Iwas lucky that Monaco had one of there highest ranking persons there 4.By not doing it especially at a rally as big as those are they dont want to look bad 5.He new I wasnt happy. It might not have been as easy,maybe if the rally wasnt going on,but I still give Monaco there prop's for stepping up to the plate when they needed to and when you spend that much money on a coach or even a travel trailer it doesnt matter they need to stand behind there product and believe it is the best and if something goes wrong they need to get it repaired.I hope your next coach manufacture treats you in a better way,but I guess they all have there flawes some more than others.There is one manufactue that I would never ever consider knowing what I know about there customer service,every person I talked to who has one even a dealer salesman even told me how bad they are said he wouldnt buy one now that is bad. Have an awesome day Butch..........Richard

Thank you Richard, hope you have many enjoyable days and trouble free miles with your Knight.