Iphone Users

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Webmaster, Feb 29, 2008.

?

Do you have an iphone

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, no plans to get one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, but I might get one one day.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

I think you should look at the iphone Ipad apps. I pads are incredibly convenient to use and can do everything but flash. They can use wifi or 3G and connect without any issues.

I think an app or Iphone Ipad friendly website will be a requirement. Many of the sites are already changing over. The Ipad is going to change portable computing and is a category killer. Look in the first month they sold 3 million of them and caused the Amazon and Barnes and Noble to slash the prices of their readers and you are going to see other manufacturers come out with them. I have an Ipad and i have stopped carrying my laptop most of the time...

2. jan-n-john

jan-n-john
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Jul 3 2010, 04:23 PM) [snapback]22827[/snapback]

To all the Iphone people you can click on link below to see the layout on Iphone. This software is under test yet but webmaster said you can use it you wish.

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/iphone/#_home

Looks interesting. I trust maps will be included, so that the user can look at the map and see the towns around where he will be without knowing in advance their names, just as on the full-sized site, and go directly to them.

I have already downloaded three RV park apps., RV Parking, RV Continuous Traveler, and Passport's list of their parks. All are useful but, IMO, flawed, tho I haven't been on the road yet since downloading them so can't say how they will work out. I certainly look forward to an app for this site.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

New changes have been added to the Iphone/Ipad now. If you have an Iphone or Ipad please try it out and see if you can find any problems. As best I can tell the Iphone or Ipad will look the same as website on a laptop and you can pull up map plus read reviews. More changes may come later.

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/iphone/#_home

4. chickenpants

chickenpants
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much for the effort on developing the app. I just came off a 3,000 mile trip with ever changing route and plans and most of the time I didn't have internet. Often I would start looking for a place to stay at my last gas stop of the day.
    I tried it out on my IPhone, once I got home, and it works like I would have wanted it to, if I had known about it. :)
    Thank you again.

5. RVL217646

RVL217646
    Expand Collapse

We just purchased a Motorola Droid X and would love an Android App for this site. As a full timer we utilize RVPark Reviews all the time and recommend it (as you know) to others.

I've been researching the droid app market for a few weeks and there are zip apps for this kind of category. I suspect an App at this juncture would more than justify itself in terms of numbers of folks to the site. My bet......... +50%.

Now that Droid phones (from all cell phone providers ATT/Verizon/Sprint etc) are coming on line quickly and they now out sell i-Phones I think a Droid App would prove quite useful to a lot of us.

If you need any input on how to get your name out on the Droid available app sites let me know. More than glad to help.

Hope you can figure out a way to do it.

6. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I might be dating myself here, but what about also offering RV Park Reviews on a CD? Would it be possible (too much data?)?
    Sure, you would have to get a new one each year, but if the cost was low, I might be interested. This would be especially helpful when you're in an area with absolutly no cell/WiFi coverage, or very slow service. Of course, you couldn't submit new reviews either, but maybe an app could be built in that would save reviews until the PC/Laptop connected to the web, and then upload them.

Just a thought.

7. jan-n-john

jan-n-john
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Aug 3 2010, 12:42 AM) [snapback]23286[/snapback]

Ok, I might be dating myself here, but what about also offering RV Park Reviews on a CD? Would it be possible (too much data?)?
    Sure, you would have to get a new one each year, but if the cost was low, I might be interested. This would be especially helpful when you're in an area with absolutly no cell/WiFi coverage, or very slow service. Of course, you couldn't submit new reviews either, but maybe an app could be built in that would save reviews until the PC/Laptop connected to the web, and then upload them.

Just a thought.

Not a bad idea, although it is also true that the list of places where one cannot find either cell or WiFi coverage is shrinking rapidly. Speaking for myself, it is a rare day that I'll stay in any park that doesn't offer WiFi. While we enjoy the RV experience, "getting away from it all," to the point of not being connected, is definitely not a feature of the experience for us.

8. pourme

pourme
    Expand Collapse

I just registered on this website and do own a iphone and would live to have a app for this site! This would be very useful tool when on the road!

Thanks! :p

9. AndersonFamily

AndersonFamily
    Expand Collapse

I sure agree that an application for the Droid (Android) phones would be great. I don't have (and won't get) an iPhone... but the Droid is fantastic. I can access the native web based application on the Droid with its great web browser- but having one tailored to the small screen would be even better. I'd suggest that just a web-based browser be developed with the user interface specific for smaller screens - that way, one development could be used on a number of platforms such as the Droid, Blackberry, Window Mobile, and iPhone devices.

10. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Go and look at post #23.

11. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

Nice work. The "iPhone" site works well on the Droid.

12. Dixiefire53

Dixiefire53
    Expand Collapse

13. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Probably a computer virus.

14. chickenpants

chickenpants
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Oct 16 2010, 09:30 PM) [snapback]24615[/snapback]

Probably a computer virus.

Can I have a rimshot?

15. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Google Places will give this sites and Yahoo reviews. We use it all the time. It is a part of Google Earth.