Rv Park Reviews Cards

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by rvingwithkids, Mar 13, 2008.

1. rvingwithkids

rvingwithkids
    Expand Collapse

I recently found the 4x6 photo card under downloads and had 30 of them printed with some photos at wal-mart last week. It took about 5 minutes to cut them into thirds so I ended up with 90 of them for about $5. I've handed out a dozen or so at the park we are staying at this week, and just wondered if anyone else does this.

I wrote the webmaster earlier today about the URL being hard to read on them, and he already wrote back saying he had updated them, very nice!!

The way I look at it the more people we have submitting reviews on here, the better off we all are!

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

If we all did this the site count would go 60,000 by end of the year. Count now 41K plus on reviews. More good reviews will help everyone find the nice places to go camping. Good item to carry around as we travel.

3. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Great idea! I did not know these were available, but I have run off a bunch and I will definitely hand them out on our upcoming trip. For the past couple of years, I have printed out reviews on all the campgrounds we plan on visiting and have provided a copy to the managers of the campground upon arrival. Most are very appreciative and some do not even know about the site. Occasionally, we get a "so what" reception, but it is rare. If we all continue to support and promote this site, it will help all of us!

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

If I go to a park that I found on this site, I tell them! And if they have GOOD reviews, I tell them!

JJ

5. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reminder RVingwithkids! I'd forgotten these handy little 'business cards' :lol:
    Just printed out couple pages of the 3x and ready to spread the word.
    B)

6. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

Great idea---just wish I had a printer with me. However, I am on several lists, and frequently when somebody asks about campgrounds, I post the link and tell a little about the site--actually did it earlier today. I won't be home to a printer until late July, but I will print some of the cards then---If I don't forget! :rolleyes:

Jurhee

7. Gizmo

Gizmo
    Expand Collapse

Where do you have to go to get these cards?

8. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

I have not looked for them since I don't have a printer with me. Maybe somebody else will reply.

Jurhee

9. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Scroll up to the tool bar at the top (HOME FORUM etc) and click on HOME....then DOWNLOADS. Its the one called PHOTO ADs
    B)

10. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Apr 9 2008, 09:54 AM) [snapback]11093[/snapback]

Scroll up to the tool bar at the top (HOME FORUM etc) and click on HOME....then DOWNLOADS. Its the one called PHOTO ADs
    B)

These are formated as photographs to get printed at Wal-mart or Wal-greens or some other photo processing place as a digital photo. I don't think they would come out very good on a printer. Wal-mart charges $.19 if you use the 1-hour service and $.09 if you use their mail-them service. So on a 4x6 photo, there are 3 cards, and I usually just let the kids cut them into thirds. I'm about to go on a long cross-country trip, and had 500 printed at walmart, about $45.00. Then I took them to a friends office and cut them on his paper cutter, and now there are 1500 cards ready to go... Just to help you with the math, 50 prints would cost you $4.50 and give you 150 cards to give out.

When I've gotten them using 1-hour service on the road, I've run into a few places, some walmarts even, that had paper cutters and were willing to cut them up for me.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I printed a page of them on my home printer. They look like large business cards. I did use card stock paper.

12. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Apr 10 2008, 07:19 PM) [snapback]11109[/snapback]

These are formated as photographs to get printed at Wal-mart or Wal-greens or some other photo processing place as a digital photo. I don't think they would come out very good on a printer. Wal-mart charges $.19 if you use the 1-hour service and $.09 if you use their mail-them service. So on a 4x6 photo, there are 3 cards, and I usually just let the kids cut them into thirds. I'm about to go on a long cross-country trip, and had 500 printed at walmart, about $45.00. Then I took them to a friends office and cut them on his paper cutter, and now there are 1500 cards ready to go... Just to help you with the math, 50 prints would cost you $4.50 and give you 150 cards to give out.

When I've gotten them using 1-hour service on the road, I've run into a few places, some walmarts even, that had paper cutters and were willing to cut them up for me.

At risk of sound like a computer illerate (VBG) how do you take it to Wal Mart??? I have a fash drive. I only brought 1 DVD with me--unfortunately since the computer is in the process of crashing. I would be happy to have some printed. I tell everybody I can about the site. I post it on lists that I am on. And, I post about every place that I stay!

Thanks, Webmaster, for providing this website.

http://jerry-jurhee.blogspot.com/ updated April 7

Jurhee

13. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jurhee @ Apr 10 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]11111[/snapback]

At risk of sound like a computer illerate (VBG) how do you take it to Wal Mart???

Jurhee,

Thanks for your support, it's the reviewers that make this site great!!

You could copy the file onto a flash card, I'm not sure if walmart supports USB flash drives yet, but if you have a digital camera card and card reader/writer you could copy the file to your flash card.

*** BEST OPTION ***
    Or you can just logon to walmart.com or walgreens.com, go to the photo section, upload it to them as a photo and order it online. It lets you select the store that you want them printed at for pickup, and when you get there an hour later they are ready. I haven't checked but CVS may have the same thing. I've used these services for years, and wouldn't do it any other way. It sure beats standing in line at the store to use one of the fuji terminals.

Now on satellite and other slow internet connections, your better off with the flash card and going to the store if you need to print a bunch of pictures from your camera. With just one it's still dreadfully slow, but workable.

14. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I would also add that putting pix on a thumb drive (SD card) and taking them to the store works well.

15. jojolima

jojolima
    Expand Collapse

I usually tell them when i register about RV Park Reviews. I also tell them that I have heard good things about their park, management, location, etc. I always tell them the truth. I also tell them that I will be posting and they might be intrested in reading what others have already said about their facility.

I am SHOCKED that most of the parks never heard about this internet site. A few quickly get on the internet and read. A few times I have gone back to the office the next morning and the owners will thank me regarding information about the internet site.

We did stay at a park in Berea, Kentucky this spring that was a DISASTER! I did not follow my rules and say anything. We were in a mess and needed to wait out an ice storm and still have internet connections.

Tell the Owners!

Tell other Campers!!

Be Honest with your evaluatins!

This is an excellent site. Keep it going!

16. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jojolima @ Apr 14 2008, 01:52 PM) [snapback]11189[/snapback]

Tell the Owners!

Tell other Campers!!

Be Honest with your evaluatins!

This is an excellent site. Keep it going!

I usually tell the owners! And yes, some owners aren't aware of this site! And (shh shh, don't tell the Webmaster......), there are two other RV park review sites, and I have contributed to those sites, too, but this one is the most comprehensive! I like the questionairre! It helps me do my reviews.

My only problem is I tend to get lengthy on mine! If you see a LOOONNNGGG one (and mostly in Western states.....), it's most likely mine...... I try to observe everything.....

JJ

17. moqui51

moqui51
    Expand Collapse

I agree with that. I will go look for the cards and drop them off too.

I also believe that we need to tell places what we like and what we don't like about them. If you don't tell them, how will they ever know? And, I think the best thing is to let them know they will be getting a review that a lot of people will be reading. Hopefully that will encourage them to make changes, if there are a lot of complaints. Great Idea. Thanks

The way I look at it the more people we have submitting reviews on here, the better off we all are!