High End Resorts In Texas

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by TexasRee, Mar 31, 2008.

1. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

I am looking for high end/luxury resorts in Texas. Golf course would be a plus. We have a month reserved at Buckhorn Lake in Kerrville, but would like to find someplace for a month after that. I am a native Texan, but don't know of any--but I keep looking and hoping.

Anybody have any ideas?

Jurhee

2. stonybirch

stonybirch
    Expand Collapse

Not real sure when you will be, but try Lagoon Resort in the Rockport, Tx area, or go further south to Mission/McAllen area. There is a a very nice resort just off the Expressway, I believe it's 'Victoria Palms Resort'. I believe there is a golf course next to the Rockport resort. Good luck!

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Ever since I read your post I've been trying to think of a place for you. Problem is, we don't golf so I don't pay attention to where the courses are. Also how high end do you want? There are some really nice places in Texas. Buckhorn Lake came to mind immediately, and there must be a nice golf course somewhere in Kerrville. However, when I hear high end/luxury I think of Outdoor Resorts, and I'm not sure there is anything quite like them here. There are some really nice resorts in the Texas Valley, and I would imagine there are several nice golf courses down there, too. The same would be true of the San Antonio, Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Houston areas. There will be some first rate golf courses and some very nice RV parks in each of these areas, just maybe not right together.

All that said you might look at Shallow Creek Golf and RV Resort in Gladewater (in north east Texas). We have never stayed there so I can't say what it's like. I am pretty sure it does not quite come up to the quality of Outdoor Resorts, but it gets decent reviews on this site.

Sorry I wasn't more help, but if I think of another place I'll let you know.

4. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Apr 1 2008, 09:18 PM) [snapback]11009[/snapback]

Ever since I read your post I've been trying to think of a place for you. Problem is, we don't golf so I don't pay attention to where the courses are. Also how high end do you want? There are some really nice places in Texas. Buckhorn Lake came to mind immediately, and there must be a nice golf course somewhere in Kerrville. However, when I hear high end/luxury I think of Outdoor Resorts, and I'm not sure there is anything quite like them here. There are some really nice resorts in the Texas Valley, and I would imagine there are several nice golf courses down there, too. The same would be true of the San Antonio, Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Houston areas. There will be some first rate golf courses and some very nice RV parks in each of these areas, just maybe not right together.

All that said you might look at Shallow Creek Golf and RV Resort in Gladewater (in north east Texas). We have never stayed there so I can't say what it's like. I am pretty sure it does not quite come up to the quality of Outdoor Resorts, but it gets decent reviews on this site.

Sorry I wasn't more help, but if I think of another place I'll let you know.

Thanks for the reply.

We have a lot at Outdoor Resorts in Indio, CA and nothing compares to them. But, we needed to come to Texas for a while, and have a few months to "hang out" here before heading to Omaha, Nebraska. Really nothing there!!! I am a "native Texan" and come back at least once a year.

We arrived at Buckhorn Lake yesterday (April 1). I was here a couple of days a few years ago and knew that it is a lovely place. I saw an ad somewhere for Shallow Creek and thought it would be one to check out--it is a convenient location since we have to go to Nacadoches the end of May.

Another nice place is Gulf Waters in Port Aransas--we were there for a week a few years ago. Maybe next year we will go down in the valley and check out the stuff there.

I got a new Big Rigs book yesterday and a new listing is La Hacienda in Austin. The ad looks nice, for what that's worth!

Still looking for ideas---wish there was an Outdoor Resorts in Texas!!!

Jurhee

http://jerry-jurhee.blogspot.com/

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I just looked at the website for La Hacienda in Austin. Wow, it looks beautiful. I had not heard about this one. We don't live too far from Austin so we don't use the parks in the area. I also checked out the location. It is west of Austin out near (but not right on) Lake Travis. That is beautiful country, and I know there are nice golf courses around Austin. There is even one listed on the website. The reviews for it are good (except for the person who was mad about their no refund policy), so this place looks like a winner.

6. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Apr 2 2008, 12:46 PM) [snapback]11018[/snapback]

I just looked at the website for La Hacienda in Austin. Wow, it looks beautiful. I had not heard about this one. We don't live too far from Austin so we don't use the parks in the area. I also checked out the location. It is west of Austin out near (but not right on) Lake Travis. That is beautiful country, and I know there are nice golf courses around Austin. There is even one listed on the website. The reviews for it are good (except for the person who was mad about their no refund policy), so this place looks like a winner.

It never fails to amaze me the people that rate a park low because of something like that. Similar is because it rains while they were there. But, when everyone else rates it high, you just have to figure the source.

Jurhee

7. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jurhee @ Mar 31 2008, 03:06 PM) [snapback]10989[/snapback]

I am looking for high end/luxury resorts in Texas. Golf course would be a plus. We have a month reserved at Buckhorn Lake in Kerrville, but would like to find someplace for a month after that. I am a native Texan, but don't know of any--but I keep looking and hoping.

Anybody have any ideas?

Jurhee

Blazing Star near San Antonio - Good resturants and golf courses in the area

Shallow Creek in Gladewater - Kinda of a concrete subdivision but plenty of space between rigs. On a lake and golf course w/i walking distance. NE Texas

La Hacienda in Austin - More asthetically pleasing than the other two. You'll have to drive to the courses, but lots around. Oldest course in Texas is Hancock the city course. Only 9 holes. Harvey Pinick started there.

8. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Apr 5 2008, 11:24 AM) [snapback]11052[/snapback]

Blazing Star near San Antonio - Good resturants and golf courses in the area

Shallow Creek in Gladewater - Kinda of a concrete subdivision but plenty of space between rigs. On a lake and golf course w/i walking distance. NE Texas

La Hacienda in Austin - More asthetically pleasing than the other two. You'll have to drive to the courses, but lots around. Oldest course in Texas is Hancock the city course. Only 9 holes. Harvey Pinick started there.

Everything subject to change, of course, I as of right now, I think we will go to La Hacienda, probably for a couple of weeks when we leave Kerrville. After we leave the Foretravel factory, we will probably to to Shallow Creek. Both sound nice, especially La Hacienda.

Thanks,

Jurhee

9. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jurhee @ Apr 5 2008, 04:16 PM) [snapback]11055[/snapback]

Everything subject to change, of course, I as of right now, I think we will go to La Hacienda, probably for a couple of weeks when we leave Kerrville. After we leave the Foretravel factory, we will probably to to Shallow Creek. Both sound nice, especially La Hacienda.

Thanks, Jurhee

10-4. If you do Shallow Creek, don't get a site with a street lamp on it. They are bright.