Sacramento To Roseville Ca Area Rv Parks?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by janmcn, Apr 13, 2008.

1. janmcn

janmcn
    Expand Collapse

We'll be visiting my brother-in-law and need a place to park our 40 motorhome somewhere between Sacramento and Roseville (can go a bit further NE of Roseville if needed)...we're on our way north on 5 to OR so don't want to get too far off track.
    It looks like there's very little in the way of RV Parks, so would like recommendations from anyone who recently has been in the area. Any new parks that might not be in TL?

Thanks...
    Jan

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I went through there last November. You're right, there is NADA for good campgrounds. If you have a toad with you, the best one I found is Kit Fox RV Park in Patterson, but that's southwest of Sacramento, another hour. It's in the middle of nowhere, and the park doesn't have cable, but it's adequate!

JJ

3. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Hello Jan B)
    Sorry to report we've never stayed in the Sacramento area in all the years treking I-5 up/down California. I CAN report that Stockton (40 miles south) has a nice 30+ site, campground: Riverpoint Landing Marina. Stayed during a mid-week late Sept of 2005. Picked it out from Trailer Life...it's a Good Sam. Pretty much in agreement with the reviews posted here.

4. Denise M Smith

Denise M Smith
    Expand Collapse

Hello
    I live in the Sacramento area and if you're just looking to stay at a place close to everything, you might want to check out the Cal Expo RV Park

http://www.calexpo.com/html/rv_park.asp

Hope this helps :D

5. jperera

jperera
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(janmcn @ Apr 13 2008, 10:06 AM) [snapback]11142[/snapback]

We'll be visiting my brother-in-law and need a place to park our 40 motorhome somewhere between Sacramento and Roseville (can go a bit further NE of Roseville if needed)...we're on our way north on 5 to OR so don't want to get too far off track.
    It looks like there's very little in the way of RV Parks, so would like recommendations from anyone who recently has been in the area. Any new parks that might not be in TL?

Thanks...
    Jan

In W Sac there is a KOA. We have had friends stay there during the State Fair. They say it has been improved over the past few years. We visited them there and it seemed o.k. They felt safe. Otherwise, I'd agree with Cal Expo.

6. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

This is another option:

http://www.snugharbor.net/

We had a TT that we stayed here with several years ago. If you stay anywhere on the Delta be prepared for:

a. Wind.
    b. Some places are on little islands in the delta and can only be accessed by ferry.
    c. More wind.

7. philaura

philaura
    Expand Collapse

If this is not too late of a reply, there is a nice recreation area near Sacramento called Folsom State Recreation Area in Folsom. (Yeah the prison is nearby). Full hookups - nice place to stay for a couple of days.
    Phil from Boise