Silly Rules

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, Apr 14, 2008.

1. daved1023

daved1023
    Expand Collapse

How about the rule that allows you to bring one dog free to the campground, but charges for an extra dog. How does a dog cost a cg money

2. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(daved1023 @ Aug 21 2008, 01:14 PM) [snapback]12831[/snapback]

How about the rule that allows you to bring one dog free to the campground, but charges for an extra dog. How does a dog cost a cg money

That is a new one on me. I have been to places where they charge for pets---but i avoid them when ever possible. I have never heard of the "1st one free". Strange ideas some people have.

If everyone would clean up after their pets, we would not have to deal with stuff like this.

Oh, I was in one place that said that you should carry water to pour on the spot where your dog potties to keep it from killing the grass. That was a new one on me. :huh:

3. hypogi

hypogi
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(daved1023 @ Aug 21 2008, 02:14 PM) [snapback]12831[/snapback]

Its not that it cost the CG money it just that people with multiple pets are less likely to pick up after them. A person can only tolerate picking up a certain amount of dog mess before they try and do something to stop it. Have you ever hit a pile of dog mess with a weed eater? Think about that next time you leave some doggy mess behind in some tall grass thinking no one will notice. Not only is not picking up after your pet rude but its also illegal in a lot of places.

I know I'm starting to rant but this is one thing that really gets under my skin.

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

OH, I got one for you. What is, and isn't, an "EXTRA VEHICLE????"

This last week, I stayed at Riverside State Park in Spokane. I don't tow a car, so I got a rental from Enterprise, they delivered the car to me. Good service.

Anyway, the park ranger told me it was ok, because of the "one RV, one car" rule. However, the campground host told me that since I didn't TOW the car in, the rental was considered an "extra vehicle" and I would have to pay the "extra vehicle" fee. NO WAY! The park ranger already told me it was ok!!!

The park ranger rules!

JJ

5. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(hypogi @ Aug 21 2008, 09:32 PM) [snapback]12839[/snapback]

Its not that it cost the CG money it just that people with multiple pets are less likely to pick up after them. A person can only tolerate picking up a certain amount of dog mess before they try and do something to stop it. Have you ever hit a pile of dog mess with a weed eater? Think about that next time you leave some doggy mess behind in some tall grass thinking no one will notice. Not only is not picking up after your pet rude but its also illegal in a lot of places.

I know I'm starting to rant but this is one thing that really gets under my skin.

Most people with cats don't seem to think that the pet rules apply to them. They run loose everywhere bothering people--especially those with a very small dog (like me) and causing about all dogs to raise a ruckus. But, since the owners are not with the cats, they are not cleaned up after. This was a discussion recently on a list that I am on. Seems that the owners say that the cats bury their waste, so it is not necessary to pick up after them.

The dog owners got on their case BIG TIME. Of course, I doubt that it does any good, but we let them know how we feel about it anyway.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We have run into the extra vehicle situation before. It was at a COE park. I can't quite remember how their policy was stated, but it sounded like you could have one camping unit and one vehicle per site. When we got there with our RV and towed car we were told the car was extra. I politely disagreed and pointed out that 5th wheels come in as one camping unit with the tow vehicle and that was not considered an extra vehicle. Since the policy wasn't stated very clearly the host didn't charge us. But I agree that this can be confusing. If the cg rules say one vehicle per site what vehicle are they talking about? Most RVers travel with a camping unit and a vehicle (whether it is pulling or being pulled), and I do not consider either of these as "extra." However I can understand the cg side. They don't want someone to bring in one camping unit and then have bunches of other people pull up in numerous vehicles taking up more than their share of space. In that case it would be fair to charge for the extra vehicles.

Now about cleaning up after cats. We travel with our cat (used to have 3), but we never let him/them outside even on a leash. However, if we did I would expect to clean up after him. Cats may try to bury their business, but they never do a really good job, especially if they are on grass. Saying you can't clean up after them because you don't know where they went is a poor excuse because the cat should not be roaming free in the first place. Bottom line is cat owners should be considerate and have the courtesy to follow the same rules as for dogs.

7. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse