How High Will Oil Get? Will It Ever Go Down?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by RL36, Apr 22, 2008.

1. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to here from anyone who had an opinion on this Question? I mean my goodness this is,honestly getting out of control!!!! What can we do now to ez the pain at the pump? By the time we find alternative fuels the price of oil will be at $300 a barrel.

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RL36 @ Apr 22 2008, 01:05 PM) [snapback]11304[/snapback]

Just wanted to here from anyone who had an opinion on this Question? I mean my goodness this is,honestly getting out of control!!!! What can we do now to ez the pain at the pump? By the time we find alternative fuels the price of oil will be at $300 a barrel.

Keep your speedometer at 50 mph????? I seem to get better mileage when I do that.....

Guessing it will go to $4 this summer. Sucks.

JJ

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

At some point in time we all need to use less oil or use what we have in the oil wells here in USA. We have more than you think per some of the oil people I have talked with over the years. We have done very little to fix the problem over the last 35 years. So now is the time to look into other power systems. Soon everything will stop moving due to no fuel and then the earth will freeze over. :(

4. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

:angry: I was talking to my father inlaw last night and told me he saw a tv program where peaple who cant pay payment on vehicles drive them to a lot and hand the keys over. Last year the guy would get 3-4 a month now he gets 20-30 and he said a huge percetage are rv's. Also just read yesterday gas will go up 30-40cents per gallon by summer. Theres nothing being said on how to help with this crises,if we have the resources here in the usa, then dammit lets use them. They say theres enough oil in Alaska that we could tap into that we would not have to depend on foriegn oil. Pa has the largest source of natural gas in the ground,can we use it! Maybe we start our own pitition,who knows. We are getting screwed!!!!!!!!! :angry:

5. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

My personal belief is that this country is now and always has been run run by the big corporations. They have us where they want us and they won't let go.
    If you follow politics you know none of the canidates want to talk about doing any thing. I thing we will be paying these price from here on. Dam I hope I'm wrong.

6. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Big Ben @ Apr 24 2008, 01:28 AM) [snapback]11313[/snapback]

My personal belief is that this country is now and always has been run run by the big corporations. They have us where they want us and they won't let go.
    If you follow politics you know none of the canidates want to talk about doing any thing. I thing we will be paying these price from here on. Dam I hope I'm wrong.

[SIZE=14pt]Bush has done nothing about fuel prices due to the fact that his hands are so dirty with oil and his pockets are so green. He's all about protecting his "assets". How disillusioning it is when you weigh the presidential candidates, it comes down to who"s the "LEAST" criminal of those running. Then we in turn must vote for one of them or vote for no one. And I say this after voting for Bush myself.

7. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

:angry: Bush does not care about you or me but he sure cares about the companies that will take care of his family after his last term.He is going to pass on a failed presidency,failed economy,failed healthcare system, failed,school systems,failed war,failed housing market, and prior to his presidency,failed businesses and a failed baseball team. Wow what a great president. Pass the buck on to the next person in line so they can put the blame on them for his wrong doing! Oh yeah then there is that vice president who also cares about us,oops I mean Haliberton!!! I saw Bush dancing and laughing on tv the other day like this is a big freaking joke, he cant wait till he is out of office,we need help and we need help fast. I keep saying enough is enough allready! :angry:

8. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RL36 @ Apr 24 2008, 04:33 PM) [snapback]11324[/snapback]

Pass the buck on to the next person in line so they can put the blame on them for his wrong doing!

Don't you know how this works?

Each president always leaves THREE ENVELOPES in the desk drawer for the next president. The instructions are, when the incumbent has a big problem, pull out one envelope at a time.

The first envelope says: "BLAME THE PREDECESSOR"
    The second envelope says: "REORGANIZE"
    The third envelope says: "MAKE THREE ENVELOPES"

Our current president is probably way past envelope number three........

JJ

9. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

"HOUSTON (April 24) - ConocoPhillips , the third-largest U.S. oil company, said Thursday its first quarter profit rose almost 17 percent as record high oil prices offset disruptions that hurt earnings from its refining operations.

The Houston-based company said net income rose to $4.14 billion, or $2.62 a share, for the January-March period, from $3.55 billion, or $2.12 a share, in the year-ago quarter.

ConocoPhillips said revenue rose to $54.9 billion from $41.3 billion a year ago. "

We had folks marching in the streets last year at this time over border control... :ph34r:

10. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmmmm, Bush said about a month or so ago " Gas is going up" and food and health care cost's,while jobs are being lost homes are being lost and the war is being lost,anything else we can lose? If we do he doesn't care!Yeah you Idiot it is and your doing nothing about it and will not .

11. Parkview

Parkview
    Expand Collapse

12. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Parkview @ Apr 25 2008, 11:03 AM) [snapback]11331[/snapback]

13. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Great perspective on (So Cal) fuel prices. Last spring we hit the road @ $3.20/gal (gas). This spring we're looking at $4.00/gal. DH quote: "We're not going to crawl in a hole over 80 cents per gal." He's got a point.
    We ARE going to get out of this state... B)

14. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Well, guess what. It appears the RV dealers are feeling the gas price pinch. If you are buying a new RV, APPARENTLY........ a "full tank of gas" is now a "negotiable item." When I bought my new RV, I guess I just assumed it would come with a full tank of gas, as my previous RV's had, and any new car I bought had. So, I didn't check. Well, I checked today. Only a 1/3 tank. WHAT????? I called RV dealer. Apparently, their policy is to only put $40 of gas in a new RV.

But on the other hand, when I traded them my old RV, I didn't exactly give them a full tank when I turned in the old one.......

But if you are buying an RV for the FIRST TIME, make sure you NEGOTIATE a full tank of gas!

JJ