Federal Checks ???

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by FosterImposters, May 1, 2008.

1. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

:huh:
    Ok...I'm chomping at the bit...ha! Anyone seen a check yet?

2. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Mine should arrive (direct deposit) next week. Schedule is based on your SSN. If you had a refund direct deposited this year, that's how you will receive yours, otherwise you will get a check in the mail - http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

3. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

I done got mine and used it to pay the bills. Have not figured out how much we should have got but we did not get the 600 each only got 1000+ so got short sheeted a little here I think.

4. marxtrains

marxtrains
    Expand Collapse

We received our's May 6 by direct deposit also. We only $1000 + also.
    This morning I looked at our tax 1040 and found that we received the amount back of the income tax paid in.

5. mikel

mikel
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ May 1 2008, 07:53 PM) [snapback]11391[/snapback]

:huh:
    Ok...I'm chomping at the bit...ha! Anyone seen a check yet?

yep, direct deposit on May 9th.

Sorry Bush, i'll be saving mine. no splurging here.

mk

6. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lee and Fran @ May 6 2008, 10:47 PM) [snapback]11416[/snapback]

I done got mine and used it to pay the bills. Have not figured out how much we should have got but we did not get the 600 each only got 1000+ so got short sheeted a little here I think.

We received a letter today 5/19/08 stating we should receive our check by 5/23/08 but seeing is believing. We too will not be receiving the full 600 for each of us but rather a tad over 1,000.00 altogether. The letter stated the reason but I didn't fully understand the explanation. That will go to pay for an RV trip we have planned the end of this month. Might cover the cost of diesel to go on a 6 hour round trip. :angry:

7. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

For those not understanding why they got less than the $600.00 or $1200.00, I got this off the IRS web site:

Q. I received my stimulus payment, but it was less than what my friends and neighbors received. Why?

A. Your economic stimulus payment is based on information provided on your 2007 income tax return.

Many but not all taxpayers qualify for the maximum basic payment of $600 for singles or $1,200 for married couples. Many parents are also receiving an additional $300 for each qualifying child, born after Dec. 31, 1990.

Your payment may be less than the maximum for one or more of the following reasons:

You are single and your net income tax liability is less than $600. If you file Form 1040 net income tax liability is the amount shown on Line 57, plus the amount on Line 52.
    You are married and your net income tax liability is less than $1,200.
    You are single and your adjusted gross income (AGI) is more than $75,000. On Form 1040, AGI is the amount on Line 37.
    You are married filing a joint return and your AGI is more than $150,000.
    You owe back taxes that reduced your payment.
    You have non-tax federal debts such as unpaid student loans or child-support obligations that reduced your payment.

Around the time you receive your payment, you will also receive a notice from the IRS explaining how your payment was calculated. It is important to keep this notice as a record of your economic stimulus payment. In addition, you’ll get a separate notice if you owe back taxes or non-tax debts that were offset or deducted from your stimulus payment.

The Economic Stimulus Payments FAQs section of this Web site has further details on how these payments are figured.

8. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We only received $600 for two due to money we received on tax report was to high in 2007. Now that will buy one tank of diesel fuel, this will help out the worlds problems. Money will sit in our bank account.

9. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Ours is still a 'no-show'. Was hoping for direct deposit as that's how we've managed taxes for years. 2007 a unique year as first time in history we slipped under the wire: didn't owe/no refund due. Still filed electronically as usual.
    Guess we'll just have to wait on snail-mail :huh:

10. bugs53

bugs53
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ May 20 2008, 08:46 AM) [snapback]11532[/snapback]

We only received $600 for two due to money we received on tax report was to high in 2007. Now that will buy one tank of diesel fuel, this will help out the worlds problems. Money will sit in our bank account.

Received ours 2 weeks ago, dirct deposit.

11. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Hey...welcome aboard Bugs53 ! :D
    So...are you all 'incented' to spend madly?
    Cheers!
    B)

12. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Got my $2100 direct deposited on the 23rd - originally told by IRS it would arrive no later then the 9th.

13. carol

carol
    Expand Collapse

Got ours on the 24th! Using it to park RV on a lakefront seasonal site for the year. We can get away still but just keeping close by to keep costs down This CG was our secret get away from the kids in the past....no more