Treated Terribly

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by mom2ciuser, Jul 31, 2008.

1. mom2ciuser

mom2ciuser
    Expand Collapse

I have never been treated with such disrespect before today. We were scheduled to arrive in Durango, Co. in Mid. August at Alpen Rose RV park. We had made reservations a few months ago to secure a "premium" spot. We paid extra for the spot and were given our site number by the employee. She promised me we would not be moved from that spot and had made a note in her computer not to move us. I called yesterday to check in with a question and they had given our premium spot to someone else and didn't have any left. They had moved us out into the open Meadow with no trees in the full sun. I specifically asked them not to move us and paid more money for it and they did it anyway and denied ever having that conversation with me. Even though I had the site number written down and a charge on my credit card for the "premium" deposit price, they still denied ever promising it to me. So I called back to get a refund and the manager was very rude and insulting to me. I couldn't believe his attitude. He wouldn't let me explain our problem and charged me a $10 fee for canceling even though they screwed us over.
    I told him I would have my husband call and talk to him (he obviously wouldn't even let me talk) and he said "I don't care if you have Jesus himself call me" and he hung up on me. I have never seen such poor customer service in my life. I spoke to some people who have been there before and had the same thing to say that the managers were very rude and hateful to people and have even thrown people out of the park for disagreements. We will never do business with them and hope no one else gets treated this way by them.

2. catman2130093

catman2130093
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mom2ciuser @ Jul 31 2008, 03:10 PM) [snapback]12555[/snapback]

I have never been treated with such disrespect before today. We were scheduled to arrive in Durango, Co. in Mid. August at Alpen Rose RV park. We had made reservations a few months ago to secure a "premium" spot. We paid extra for the spot and were given our site number by the employee. She promised me we would not be moved from that spot and had made a note in her computer not to move us. I called yesterday to check in with a question and they had given our premium spot to someone else and didn't have any left. They had moved us out into the open Meadow with no trees in the full sun. I specifically asked them not to move us and paid more money for it and they did it anyway and denied ever having that conversation with me. Even though I had the site number written down and a charge on my credit card for the "premium" deposit price, they still denied ever promising it to me. So I called back to get a refund and the manager was very rude and insulting to me. I couldn't believe his attitude. He wouldn't let me explain our problem and charged me a $10 fee for canceling even though they screwed us over.
    I told him I would have my husband call and talk to him (he obviously wouldn't even let me talk) and he said "I don't care if you have Jesus himself call me" and he hung up on me. I have never seen such poor customer service in my life. I spoke to some people who have been there before and had the same thing to say that the managers were very rude and hateful to people and have even thrown people out of the park for disagreements. We will never do business with them and hope no one else gets treated this way by them.

I believe I would call my credit card company and have the charges reversed-after explaining to them what happened.

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(catman2130093 @ Aug 3 2008, 12:43 AM) [snapback]12579[/snapback]

I believe I would call my credit card company and have the charges reversed-after explaining to them what happened.

Having been in the lodging business for a long time, I can say that the credit card company usually favors the card holder and if they have no signature, this makes your case stronger. The beauty of this site is that you are now able to spread the word of their screwing of you and maybe prevent them from doing it to somebody else. I would be sure that you write a review of them and detail what happened and what they did to correct it.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Mom

I see you did post this information to Alpen Rose RV Park. We have been to Durango number of times and yes this is not one of the better places to stay. Need to check all campground sites on this web site in a town "before" you pick one. Durango has some very good ones.

5. ynotretire?

ynotretire?
    Expand Collapse

I have seen this manager in action. As long as everything is going his way, he will be cordial and friendly. Just don't ask him to go out of his way and don't complain about anything. If you do, he will throw you out of the park without hesitation. Customer service is not a priority.

Alpen Rose RV Park is a beautiful park and is a great place to spend time in the summer. Too bad its reputation is being spoiled by the current management.

6. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a bunch of us should send an email to the owners and say you can not buy that kind of advertising for 10 dollars anywhere else. It is priceless.

7. drmcleod

drmcleod
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mom2ciuser @ Jul 31 2008, 05:10 PM) [snapback]12555[/snapback]

So I called back to get a refund and the manager was very rude and insulting to me. I couldn't believe his attitude. He wouldn't let me explain our problem and charged me a $10 fee for canceling even though they screwed us over.

I'm curious... was the $10 fee in addition to the payment in full for the campsite? Or did they refund the payment minus th4e $10 fee?

I ask because I just recently called to reserve a campsite at Alum Creek RV Resort near Columbus, OH and (as I have now made it a habit to do) asked about their cancellation policy. She told me that if the reservation was canceled within 10 days of the reservation, then there would be a $10 fee. I felt this was fair and asked her if that would be taken out of the deposit on the site. She said that they don't take deposits, they take payment in full for the reservation and the $10 cancellation fee would be in addition to this. I told her that she must be mistaken as that didn't make sense. It would cost me less to not cancel and just not show. She said if I didn't show they would still charge the $10 fee in addition to the already paid site. Hmmmm? I don't get it. I understand and appreciate a cancellation fee policy for late cancellations due to the inconvenience of filling that site, but if the site is not occupied and paid for, then what is the cg losing (in fact they are coming out a little ahead because the cg facilities aren't be used for that paid site)? I told the phone attendant that she must be mistaken, and she passed me over to the manager who confirmed the policy. Well anyway, needless to say I did not make the reservation and called the next closest cg for my reservation.

Has anyone else seen this type of policy in cg's? If so, can you explain the logic in it? :huh: