Another Brilliant Review!

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by abbygolden, Dec 30, 2008.

1. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

I was going to stay out of this discussion (the military CG aspect) after my initial input, but I think I need to jump back in because of my knowledge of the subject and the lack of general knowledge "out there".

There is a web site, www.militarycampgrounds.us/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1, that people who want to know about military campgrounds might be interested in. Currently, they review 243 military campgrounds. While it isn't necessarily true that you have to be active military, retired military or DoD civilian employee, it is generally wisest to assume that military campgrounds aren't for the GP. If you want to know if you will be permitted to camp in a military campground and don't fit in one of the categories I listed, just check out the web site.

Hopefully this will help clear up any misunderstandings about military campgrounds and who may use them.

2. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

4 of the other 9 reviews mentioned it was military. The CG was full hookups, with 50 amp and wi-fi for $13.

Now if someone does the same kind of review for this CG, then it can definitely be said that it shouldn't have been posted - the webmaster has add "(For Military Camping Only)" to the end of it's name. The guys that run this site are awesome.

3. Cap'n Easy

Cap'n Easy
    Expand Collapse

I agree with rodman's comment that most of us look beyond the number rating and read the text of the review(s) to help make a better informed decision about a cg. That's my approach, anyway.

4. Tikijenn

Tikijenn
    Expand Collapse

I always read the whole review simply because what one person believes is good or bad may not be my personal opinion. I also want to know why the campground got the review that was given them. So... even though the 5 rating may not be accurate it wouldn't have stopped me from reading the review and making my own decision on the campground and in this case would have helped me to know that I couldn't go there.

5. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

If you see LOOOOONNNNNNGGG reviews, they are probably mine. I comment on EVERYTHING. Just try to cover all the bases for people.

JJ