Party Campgrounds? Are There Any Out There

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Walt Newman, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Walt Newman

Walt Newman
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone,

I am looking to head out with several friends and have an adventurous weekend... drinking may be involved. I was hoping to find a place that this is the norm. I know that most people camping are out for a family retreat and don't want to pick a campground that just wouldn't want us. I understand the need to quiet too, as often that is why i go camping- but this trip would be different.

We are not rowdy, really, just want to stay up past 11 and perhaps play some acoustic guitar.
    Any suggestions as to places you have been to that aren't too strict????

2. Ovalejeff

Ovalejeff
    Expand Collapse

Yes...college football season. Campgrounds close to the campus.

3. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Walt Newman @ Apr 29 2009, 05:24 PM) [snapback]16152[/snapback]

Hey everyone,

I am looking to head out with several friends and have an adventurous weekend... drinking may be involved. I was hoping to find a place that this is the norm. I know that most people camping are out for a family retreat and don't want to pick a campground that just wouldn't want us. I understand the need to quiet too, as often that is why i go camping- but this trip would be different.

We are not rowdy, really, just want to stay up past 11 and perhaps play some acoustic guitar.
    Any suggestions as to places you have been to that aren't too strict????

If you find one, please let me know so I can avoid you like the plague! :)

weighit likes this.
  4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I doubt you are anywhere near Naches, WA, but I once went to a park called Bumping Lake Marina. When I checked in, the owner asked me if I wanted "Partying or Peace and Quiet?" Apparently, the campground (which was quite rustic, you could only use electricity between 8:00 AM and 11:00 PM) was set up so that it could be "split" between the "partiers" and the "quiet" people. My section was quiet, and I walked over to the "party" section, and was glad I wasn't there!

JJ

RVL855349 likes this.
  5. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I would state your intentions right up front with the campground owner and let them decide if they want you and where to put you. In a normal setting, you are going to be causing a lot of trouble for the family type visitors. Music carries a long way at night in a campground.

6. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Know you noted a preference for the Northeast...but had to laugh when I read this. If you are ever in southern California, try Lake Skinner's county park just outside Temecula. Nobody seems to care HOW rowdy the crowd gets. Warning: the bathrooms are beyond rustic. :ph34r:

The road in/out is locked around 10pm...so bring all the liquor and firewood you need for the night as you're trapped til 6am the next morning.

FYI: you will not be the only noisy campers. Be prepared for others to wander uninvited to your site. Party down dudes!
    :rolleyes:

7. Walt Newman

Walt Newman
    Expand Collapse

I think it is important to realize that people go camping for different reasons.

I love family friendly parks when I am with my family. I appreciate the quiet and solitude, bt also love the atmosphere of more liberal campgrounds that people do feel the freedom to join in on another's party. I remmeber my first camping trips as a youngster with my parents adn my favorite part was staying up late and meeting as many new people as possible.

Thanks for the suggestions on talking to park owners before the trip, most have suggested coming on a busy weekend and going to bed when everyone else went to bed... that we'll be the last to be asked to be quieted.

Campgrounds near colege campuses was a good suggestion. I found one near Penn State for that weekend adventure.

8. NicInNC

NicInNC
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about the NE, but here in NC, there is one called Lake Myers. People are partying all night long sometimes.

:blink:

I used to be a party girl, but those days are so long gone. LOL

Oh, and we have some friends that go to Thousand Trails and they do quite a bit of partying, drinking, dancing, etc.

9. RVingMama

RVingMama
    Expand Collapse

Walt - go to a NASCAR race. Lots of camping and partying there. There are races in Pocono PA in 10 days, Dover, DE this weekend, New Hampshire, Watkins Glen, NY.

We camp all over NY, PA and NJ area. Most people, even at family campgrounds, want to have fun and have a few drinks. Just can't get too rowdy or loud. Most campers are drinking and having a good time. Just keep the noise down - especially after 11PM.

10. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

Salem Farms in Salem, CT and Riverdale Campground in Clinton, CT. Not sure quite whether to classify them as "party" campgrounds, but people seem to "let their hair down" a bit at those campgrounds.

11. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

walt, kittatiny canoes. it is on rt 97 in barryville, ny on the delaware river. i have been there a few times. i ran a few canoe trips down the river. they do not have a quite time. i'm sure the people won't mind guitar playing. it is set up for a fun weekend of canoeing and camping. they have security so the parties can't get out of hand.
    matamoris is the closest big town off of rt 84.

12. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

Back home here people go way out in the woods where they would bother nobody for those types of parties of which in my younger days we did a few ourselves.

RVL855349 likes this.
  13. LanceBourbonCigars

LanceBourbonCigars
    Expand Collapse

I would love to find a spot like that. We're in southern Ohio. We have a few of us that camp together a lot and we're all pretty tired of trying to have fun and everyone else is in bed at 9! My god man, it's a vacation. It's camping. It was never like this in Wisconsin you old codgers!! Lol We work hard and just want a break. Gotta love the snooty lady's comments about avoiding you like the plague. Well we avoid you like the plague, miss fun police. Watch my huge eyeroll ...I want to have a nice fire, smoke a cigar, laugh, have some bourbon and sing to music until at least midnight. We should be able to find a place or at least not catch flack from the old 9 o clockers! I don't want to knit a scarf, have some warm milk and tuck myself in at 9 pm...yawn. We don't even do that at home. If I'm going to pay 150,000 for an RV, I sure don't want to be dictated when I go to bed or how much fun I have by Betty boring! Anyone know of a campground in Southern Ohio with a 12 pm (at least )noise limit. You know, one that you can actually have fun in? We don't want a huge party, just a lively place. We're older, just not 90. We upgraded our flip phones years ago.

14. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

The thread you're posting to is from 2009. I'll be watching for any replies though, so I'll know which parks to avoid... ;)

mdcamping, BankShot and Rollin Ollens like this.
  15. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey there LanceBourbonCigars and welcome to the forum. I happened across your post this morning and actually had a good morning laugh from it. I can certainly appreciate where you are coming from but at the same time can also appreciate the "other half" that have a different opinion of what camping is from yours. We traded in our flip phones years ago also and still have a spark or three left in us yet at the same time it's not fun for us to lay there in bed at 11 pm and have to listen to a bunch of "rowdy" neighbors laughing, shouting and singing songs, etc. while half whacked out of their minds. Surely there has got to be an RV park/campground in Ohio where the party goers can party till midnight or later so keep looking and you may just find that park you want to hang in. Different parks for different RVers. Oh and by the way, in case you didn't see the date that last poster, before you, posted their message, it was May 28, 2009, over 12 years ago. So it is doubtful that most of those that did participate in this thread are still around and posting and if so they have by now probably moved on and forgotten about it. Again, yours was enjoyable to read and I thank you again for the morning laugh. One more question before I sign off, where did you come up with your name? Are you really "the" Lance Bourbon and do you make your own cigars...............:D:rolleyes:

Happy RVing/Partying......BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  16. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I don't know what Ohio has to offer (except having tge same letter in the beginning and the end), but here in Colo. We have lots of CPW (Colorado parks and wildlife) Land, as well as BLM (Bureau of Land Management) Land. Most of these areas are a free for all. If you can get your rig there, and it's not posted "no overnight camping", you can stay and do pretty much what you want to.

We have stayed a one CPW area near Beuna Vista several times, and you will find some quite camoers, as well as Groups of 3-8 campers partiying up to midnight or later.

17. spencerondrums

spencerondrums
    Expand Collapse

Let me know if you find a good one, ill bring more acoustics and the invisible drums!!!

18. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi spencerondrums ans welcome to the forum. Being a first time poster you probably didn't notice that, down in the lower left corner of the OP's post you responded to, he posted it back in April 2009, making it close to 14 years old. I doubt you will get a response from him directly as he may have "partied too hearty" and is taking a much needed break about now...:rolleyes: Anyway happy holidays to you and the other party goers you happen to run across in your travels ahead. May they all be safe and enjoyable ones. Be sure to post the places you do party at on the flipside home page...:D

Regards, Banskhot........(aka Terry)

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  19. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Yup if the OP is still around camping he probably graduated to parks that have more.. moderation.. :cool: :p

Mike

BankShot, Paythebill and NYDutch like this.