Little Glitch In The Kentucky Plans....

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, May 18, 2009.

1. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ May 25 2009, 10:57 PM) [snapback]16608[/snapback]

I would like to take the northern route, through Montana, drop down to South Dakota, Nebraska, etc. and drop down to Kentucky.

After Albuquerque scared the **** out of me (because of a sign that said, "Albuquerque, next 17 exits....."), I have decided that any city with more than 3 exits will be AVOIDED at all costs.

Will I be able to catch up to you in your "new" South Dakota "address?"

JJ

Depends on when you are passing thru. But at present I dont think it will happen. We had planned to be there for the month of June but now we will be in Mink Creek, ID for a family reunion the 20 and 21st of June, than onto SD about 22 or 23 June and I plan to stay in Custer, SD for a week give or take a little while we tour Mt Rushmore, Wind Cave NP, Jewel Cave NM, and what ever else we can find in that area. From there I plan to wander to Wall, SD for a day or two of visiting museums, than to Interior, SD to visit Bad Lands NP for a couple of days, than onto Madison, SD to meet the people who manage our new address. From there we go to Albany, Missouri to visit kinfolk and than to Branson, Missouri to visit friends and catch some more shows.

2. KentuckyCampin

KentuckyCampin
    Expand Collapse

So is this the lake cumberland state park??

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I wish it were! But no.... I'm going to Jamestown, US Fish and Wildlife. Fish Hatchery.

Should be fun! But it will be HU-MID!!!!

JJ

4. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi JJ,

I learned almost by accident how to deal with "humid".

Turn on a 750 watt heater, and turn your Air conditioner on. The heater will fool the Air conditioner and it will act as a very effective de humidifier.

This happened to me at Hannibal MO 4 years ago--the RV was wet, and everything was clammy--yet it was not terribly hot.

It worked like a charm!

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Jun 4 2009, 08:08 PM) [snapback]16807[/snapback]

Should be fun! But it will be HU-MID!!!!

JJ

5. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Piano, I'm only on 30 amp! I can't run a 750 watt heater AND the A/C!

JJ

6. KentuckyCampin

KentuckyCampin
    Expand Collapse

Oh so your not going to be the host at a campground, you are going to volunteer for the summer?? I was thinking you were going to be the campground host!! LOL
    That makes sense!! :blink: I hope you have fun here in KY and enjoy Cumberland lake while you are there!!! You should try and break away and go hit Cumberland falls while you are there!! One of only 2 places in the world where you can see a moonbow. The other is in Africa!!!

7. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi JJ,

With respect, you can run a 750 watt heater (6.8 amps) and a 15000 btu air conditioner (15 amps) at the same time. I have done so.

If you can't--get a smaller heater!

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Jun 5 2009, 08:52 AM) [snapback]16827[/snapback]

Piano, I'm only on 30 amp! I can't run a 750 watt heater AND the A/C!

JJ

8. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(KentuckyCampin @ Jun 5 2009, 05:30 PM) [snapback]16839[/snapback]

Oh so your not going to be the host at a campground, you are going to volunteer for the summer?? I was thinking you were going to be the campground host!! LOL
    That makes sense!! :blink: I hope you have fun here in KY and enjoy Cumberland lake while you are there!!! You should try and break away and go hit Cumberland falls while you are there!! One of only 2 places in the world where you can see a moonbow. The other is in Africa!!!

I had a good time hosting at a State Park in WA. Now I wish I were going to a State Park in KY. But, going to USFWS. I heard it's fun!

JJ