Some People Are Never Happy

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by gilda, Jun 4, 2009.

1. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

deleted

2. michnodes

michnodes
    Expand Collapse

I read all of the reviews from this person and it seems like they travel a lot. They must have stayed at a decent campground or two over the years. Wonder why they don't review the one's they do like? Notice how they kept referring to their "very expensive" 5th wheel? Um, hello....5th wheels in general are very expensive! Like you said, some people are never satisfied.

3. RCDCTN

RCDCTN
    Expand Collapse

I agree that some people are never happy. We camp about 25 days a year and stay in several campgrounds so we look at this site a lot. I have noticed that what seem like nice campgrounds get one bad review in about 10. I always look at the full list of reviews for each campground and I look at the reviews for anyone who gives a 10 or lower than a 5. Usually you can weed out the the 'unhappy campers'.

4. jobob

jobob
    Expand Collapse

I hope I never have to park next to someone like that. What I find interesting is that they had a problem with the staff at all of those parks. Perhaps, it's the reviewer that's the problem.

5. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gilda @ Jun 4 2009, 11:24 AM) [snapback]16794[/snapback]

Sorry, can't resist. Look at the most recent review for Butte KOA. Now look at the other reviews that this person has down for other parks. (don't slam me for posting this because this person in UNKNOWN). Do you think ANY park could satisfy this person???

Funny!! :rolleyes:

The way you posted it above, I have no problem. I just have a problem with directly copying a review and reposting it here on the forum. Doing that is like "talking behind someone's back" as the reviewer may not necessarily be a member of the forum.

JJ

6. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

deleted

7. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Gilda,

Exactly--they are unknown--and they also don't know their review has been cut and pasted into a forum. They have no way to make a rebuttal for their comments, whereas the folks who do can carve that review up into mince meat.

It is at best rude to do this.

Pardon me for saying so but I think you enjoy throwing gasoline on fires.

8. westernrvparkowner

westernrvparkowner
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Jun 4 2009, 09:13 PM) [snapback]16814[/snapback]

Hi Gilda,

Exactly--they are unknown--and they also don't know their review has been cut and pasted into a forum. They have no way to make a rebuttal for their comments, whereas the folks who do can carve that review up into mince meat.

It is at best rude to do this.

Pardon me for saying so but I think you enjoy throwing gasoline on fires.

Got to disagree here, Privacy and a public posting on the internet do not go hand in hand. If you want something private, do not post it on the internet. Once it is posted on a public website, it is just that, public. The reviews are available to anyone, and there are no restrictions how they can be used, either legally, ethically, morally or any other "ally". The people post their reviews for everyone to see, expecting that no one will ever comment on them is an unreasonable expectation. If you do not want something to be in the public arena, DO NOT POST IT ON THE INTERNET.

9. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gilda @ Jun 4 2009, 07:20 PM) [snapback]16810[/snapback]

How is this possible? They are unknown. No identity whatsoever..or am I missing it somewhere? :unsure:

Even if they are unknown.......... Let's say someone copied one of MY reviews and posted it here. As a member of the forum, I would be very upset, even though you don't know it's my review, and I probably wouldn't say anything.

As Pianotuna said, it's just rude! Just because they are "unknown" doesn't mean we have to talk behind their back, or possibly in front of them.

JJ

10. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(westernrvparkowner @ Jun 4 2009, 09:44 PM) [snapback]16817[/snapback]

Got to disagree here, Privacy and a public posting on the internet do not go hand in hand. If you want something private, do not post it on the internet. Once it is posted on a public website, it is just that, public. The reviews are available to anyone, and there are no restrictions how they can be used, either legally, ethically, morally or any other "ally". The people post their reviews for everyone to see, expecting that no one will ever comment on them is an unreasonable expectation. If you do not want something to be in the public arena, DO NOT POST IT ON THE INTERNET.

AMEN!!!

11. Trentheim

Trentheim
    Expand Collapse

Westernrvparkowner is right. Anything posted to the internet is fair game. As for the reviewer in question, I think its a good example of how one person repeatedly gives really bad reviews (not just the rating, but the actual explanation is barely sensible). Even if the rating is justified, the repeated "I hate this and that and everything" gives the reviewer less credibility. Especially if other reviewers aren't anywhere near the negative reviewer's conclusions.

In short, this example is a good example of a bad example. Looking at the history of reviews from a person can let you know if that person can be unbiased.

JT

12. Parkview

Parkview
    Expand Collapse

:D

I suspect that the only rude person here is the questionable subjective reviewer. Anyone who is that unhappy all the time and cannot park his or her RV should not be camping. I certainly don't ever want them in my park. If they happen to read this and are offended, GOOD. This is an open forum, and discussions such as this are very legitimate in my view.

Doug