Campgrounds north of Tuscon AZ

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by jperera, Nov 7, 2004.

1. jperera

jperera
    Expand Collapse

I am looking for a campground for a few days while we visit friends in northern Tucson, specifically close to Oro Valley. One that has been suggested is A Bar A Campground in Marana. I'm interested to know if anyone has stayed there and what it is like. We will be there in mid-January, 2005. If not that one, are there other suggestions? We do have a dog that is medium sized. Campgrounds with small pet restrictions would probably not work for us.

Thanks.
    JP

2. Armand_C

Armand_C
    Expand Collapse

Have you considered Prince of Tucson off Prince rd in North Tucson? It is on the border of Marana and Tucson city limits. Nice place, will definatly stay there again. Not a campground, but an rv park.

3. jperera

jperera
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. I will check that one out.

jperera

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

jperera,

Check out Beaudry RV Resort & Rally Park on I-10 exit 264. This place is great kids, dogs, people, all are welcome to come and stay. All sites are great and have full hookups. Park is about 1/2 mile off I-10. You will love this place. No problems from sales people.

5. Mitchelmal

Mitchelmal
    Expand Collapse

Hi

I stayed a A bar A about 6 months ago. It was OK nothing great. It was in Passport America so if you a staying a few days it may pay to join if you don't belong.

One thing be aware of it is right by a train crossing and the track is real active. They blow the whisle every time they pass the crossing. Drove my wife up a wall

Mitch

6. jperera

jperera
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately I got busy around the Holidays and did not read your message before we left. Too bad as we would have known about the train. I agree with your wife. We did stay there and the train was disturbing!

Thanks for letting me know, even if I didn't pay attention!

jp

7. Bearpaw

Bearpaw
    Expand Collapse

For what it's worth, I've spent a few winters in south Tucson at the Voyager RV Resort and have heard more than one person say "Stay away the the Prince of Tucson. High crime area."
    Another park a bit more north of Marana is Picacho RV Park and Picacho State Park. Both very nice. The RV park is a Passport American park.

8. Armand_C

Armand_C
    Expand Collapse

Tucson is a big city, of course you are going to have crime. Prince of Tucson is in one of the better neighborhoods. I have familly that works for the TPD and they recommended that I not stay anywhere in the south part of the city at all. Especially in those parks on Valecia. He would'nt recommend even parking your vehicle on the street. Even after this advice we still want to visit a good friend that lives in the south part of town and want to stay close, so will need a very secure rv park to stay in.

9. bfelger

bfelger
    Expand Collapse

I'm looking for a RV park or mobile home park that takes RV but I need to be away from railroad tracks in Tucson, AZ. We are having a hard time finding any where the trains don't bother us and one that is safe and not high crime. Is the east side and north safe?? If so where are they any RV parks?? Thanks.