2 ???s: Ceiling Of Rv, Booth Vs Table And Chairs

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by zingy, Jun 29, 2009.

1. zingy

zingy
    Expand Collapse

2 questions:

1. did your original ceiling come with a flat ceiling, or with a carpeted-like ceiling inside the home?

2. which do you prefer, and why: booth dinette, or table and loose chairs.

Thanks!

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Both of our motorhomes have had the carpet-like ceiling. At least I think it is what you are talking about. It's very thin, though; not thick like carpet. Since this is all we've ever had I'm not familiar with what you mean by "flat ceiling." I do know that in both coaches this fuzzy material stains easily if you get any kind of a roof leak.

Our first coach had a table and chairs, but the chairs were stationary. You could not move them. I didn't like that. This coach has a table and movable chairs. The only reason we chose that is because it came with nice built in storage cabinets on the wall side. The booth did not have them. I know the booth had storage under the seats, but I liked the look of the table, and I felt like the cabinets had more storage space. One consideration is booths can sometimes be made into an extra bed while tables usually can't. But we didn't need the extra sleeping space, so the table has been fine for us.

Hope that helps.

3. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Our coach has a padded ceiling with a vinyl textured covering....easy to keep clean. We have the table and chair setup with the china closet that provides a large storage area. We were asked when we purchased the coach, "how many does it sleep"? The wife's answer was, Two........ The reason we brought this unit was because of it's storage.....we have a lot. We really enjoy our motor home.

4. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

We also have the padded vinyl ceiling and we removed the booth and added a table and chairs and the first time my kids found out I had a hideabed couch they mentioned coming to stay with us, we quickly removed it and put in a desk for the wifes computer. We too only sleep two.