Do You Prefer Booth Dinette Or Table And Loose Chairs?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by zingy, Jul 6, 2009.

1. zingy

zingy
    Expand Collapse

we're looking for our new home away from home.

was wondering which you prefer, and why,
    booth dinette,
    or table with loose chairs.

2. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

We like a table with loose chairs. We've had both, but went with the chairs in our new 5th wheel. It allows much more flexibililty in seating than what we had before. The only downside is that you have to strap all the chairs down when driving.

3. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MaineDon @ Jul 6 2009, 06:40 PM) [snapback]17420[/snapback]

We like a table with loose chairs. We've had both, but went with the chairs in our new 5th wheel. It allows much more flexibililty in seating than what we had before. The only downside is that you have to strap all the chairs down when driving.

I had wondered about the table and chairs. We currently have a booth but at the time we purchased had the option of table and chairs and wasn't sure. Next time going to take your advice and get the dinette set instead of booth.

Thanks,

4. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

We pulled out our booth and put in a table and chairs we bought from KMart

5. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Our last 5th wheel had the booth, we did not care for it at all. We could not sit 2 adults and 2 teenage boys. This one has the table and chairs. The tabletop slides out and has extensions on both ends. Even though we only use it when the weather is bad outside, I would not go back to a booth. strapping the chairs down is no big deal. It came with the straps already bolted to the floor, I just have to snap the 2 sides together.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We prefer the table and chairs. We only travel with 2 chairs and we do not strap them down. They sit on carpet and do not move around. I guess they could bounce around on a really rough road, but that has not happened yet.

7. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jul 7 2009, 02:39 PM) [snapback]17434[/snapback]

We prefer the table and chairs. We only travel with 2 chairs and we do not strap them down. They sit on carpet and do not move around. I guess they could bounce around on a really rough road, but that has not happened yet.

ditto. The remaining two chairs seem to have a semi-permanent resting place under the bed.

8. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

We have had both. Currently we have a booth. Got it because it makes into a nice bed for the grandson. When it was just the two of us, liked the chairs. But as has been mentioned, only two chairs stayed at the table. The other two, which folded up, stayed in the closet. It was nice that they folded. Some booths are bigger than others. I wish our current one was about 4" wider, but what can you do? If you are going to be just two or three and don't need the convenience of the booth making into a bed, go with the table and chairs.

9. drmcleod

drmcleod
    Expand Collapse

We currently have the booth. I don't like it all that much. Only sits 4 (smaller) people and you restricted as to the direction you sit. A table and chairs seems much more forgiving. You can turn your chairs to face a different direction if desired and/or take them out all together. I have wondered about removing my booth, but it doubles as storage (water pump under one side and drawer storage under the other. Next rig will have table and chairs.

10. bjma

bjma
    Expand Collapse

we have a booth. I would prefer a table and chairs.

The booth is fixed, three is no way to adjust seating. If I ever remodel the interior, the booth is the first thing to go!

The advantage is that it has large pull out draws, that are either too heavy to pull out or too tight to pull out, or have to fight to pull out. The dinette allows another small (SHORT) bumpy bed for guests that would probably never want to go with us again after sleeping on the bumpy dinette.

11. rangiebob

rangiebob
    Expand Collapse

We have a booth but have an appointment in October with a company in Oregon that is going to take it out and put in a table and chairs. For us the booth is very uncomfortable, not only when we have guests, but when anybody sits at the table, the seats slide out from under them. Looking forward to a table with an extension and chairs for comfort.

12. fpresto

fpresto
    Expand Collapse

I have had both and as most say it is no contest. The flexability of table and chairs wins hands down in my opinion.

13. gatordan

gatordan
    Expand Collapse

We are on our 9th motorhome and have had both. Since there are only two of us we find that we use trays while sitting in comfort of our living room. Our next coach will have NEITHER! When we have company we eat outside anyway.

14. nicki

nicki
    Expand Collapse

We have a booth which, like others have said, is cramped, even though the kids are only 9 and 10. The cushions slowly wiggle out from under you when you are sitting on them--I am constantly straightening them, and am thinking of attaching them with Velcro underneath, that is, until we get our next RV which will hopefully have a big kitchen counter with bar stools! That's the floor plan I love.

We mostly just leave the booth in the bed position, not really for sleeping, but for more room for the whole family to cozily watch TV at night. If we need to eat indoors due to weather the kids have lap trays.