Utah Campgrounds

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by DFF, Jul 19, 2009.

1. DFF

DFF
    Expand Collapse

We are possibly going to Utah next June, does anyone know any good campgrounds in Utah?

2. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DFF @ Jul 19 2009, 08:12 PM) [snapback]17605[/snapback]

We are possibly going to Utah next June, does anyone know any good campgrounds in Utah?

Could you be a little more explicit about where in Utah you want to go? Also, your definition of a "good campground" may not be the same as everyone else's. For example, a couple of the state/national parks (Goblin Valley/Canyonlands, etc) may not have FHU/any hookups but are enjoyable none the less.

A little more info may be helpful so we can make some informed suggestions.

3. DFF

DFF
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DFF @ Jul 19 2009, 06:12 PM) [snapback]17605[/snapback]

We would like to have a campground with full hook-ups. We are looking at the southern part of Utah.

4. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DFF @ Jul 20 2009, 12:59 PM) [snapback]17618[/snapback]

We would like to have a campground with full hook-ups. We are looking at the southern part of Utah.

I stayed at Ruby's (I think that's the name), just outside Zion National Park. It was a busy place and there isn't much more to say about it other than it was very crowded, but certainly adequate. There were several near Zion and I'm sure that the same is the case for Bryce NP.

I recommend that you check on this site for other recommendations that have been made in the past to get a better idea of what is available and where.

5. endofrope

endofrope
    Expand Collapse

We are going to Utah in September (2009), and I will post reviews of the campgrounds that we stay in, as well as post our itinerary on this forum. We are planning to visit quite a few national parks, but there is so much more to see in Utah, and at reasonable prices...I am just really excited about our trip. We are traveling with my sister and brother-in-law, and my 12 year old granddaughter. So far I have found car races for the guys, the Utah State Fair for all of us, and some really exciting rides in Park City (zip line down the mountain, a mountain roller coaster and an alpine slide) for my grand-daughter. We will also visit several museums, even Bo Huff's custom car museum - my husband is liking that. He also golfs, so we are staying at several state parks that have a golf course at or near the campgrounds, so he can golf while the rest of us do something that is actually fun. We are trying to keep the cost down, my husband has a Senior Access Pass that allows us into any national forest, park or monument at 1/2 price. But everything we are doing will be either cheap or not very expensive. I will keep you posted :)

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Wow! Will you organize our next trip? :D

7. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

The Camping World in Salt Lake City has water, power, and sewer and for about 6 sites and will allow camper to stay there for free if this will help tide you over.

8. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Aug 19 2009, 07:43 PM) [snapback]18480[/snapback]

The Camping World in Salt Lake City has water, power, and sewer and for about 6 sites and will allow camper to stay there for free if this will help tide you over.

Camping World is in Draper not Salt Lake City, it does not have but two working sites and no sewer. So check the power poles before you set up.
    The Camping World in Layton/Kaysville has full hookups and six or more sites as well as a dump at the business. Both require you check in with them first and also that you have work being done.
    There is a RV Park in North Salt Lake next to I215 at Redwood Road, also a KOA on North Temple in Salt Lake and a rv park in Draper down the road from Camping World.
    There are many parks located in Moab which is where Arches and Canyonlands is located. Several more around Bryce and Zion. I usually stay at rv parks away from the national parks and the crowds. And you can find that most all of them have full hookups and a lot better prices when you distance yourself from the crowds.

9. winnebago99

winnebago99
    Expand Collapse

While it's not a full hook up park, the Watchman CG at Zion NP shouldn't be missed. It's a great physical location in the park on the Virgin River and unlike most national park CG's does have 30 amp power at many of the large and easily accessible sites. The free shuttle to visit Zion Canyon stops nearby.

10. TN RVer

TN RVer
    Expand Collapse

If you are going to Moab I recommend Riverside Oasis RV Park. We stayed there and it was very nice with full hook ups. It's 1 mile from the entrance to Arches National Park.