To Webmaster(s)

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by MaineDon, Aug 7, 2009.

1. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

I know it has been said before (yes, maybe "many times, many ways"), but I would like to offer thanks to the Webmaster(s) and support staff for developing and maintaining this site. My wife and I travel 3-to-4 months per year and we find the park reviews very helpful in deciding where to stay....and where not to stay. Whenever possible, we check the reviews for park opportunities on any given night. In general, we've found the experiences of others who have preceded us to predict what we find. Yes, there are "grudge" reviews from time-to-time. And, yes, it sometimes seems like parks owners (or maybe their mortgage holders) are writing "glowing" accounts of a park. But more often than not, especially when you read multiple reviews for a park, common themes/experiences emerge reflecting what a park is really like.

It has made me sad across the past year to see individuals attempt to misrepresent the content of posted reviews, in what seems like an effort to denigrate the usefulness of this whole site. What motivates this activity is unclear to me; but I am happy to see the Webmaster(s) taking action to increase the fairness and accuracy of posted statements on both the Forums and in the Reviews.

Maintaining a site like this one must entail a lot of work. So one family in Maine says "Thanks for your effort and we appreciate what you do." If others feel the same, maybe it's time to chime in here.

2. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

Well said, MaineDon! And, also a word of thanks to the Webmaster and the moderators for a job well done!

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Great idea MaineDon!
    Good for the soul to have some positive strokes posted for our Webmaster and Moderators!
    B)
    Thanks so much for wading through all the day-to-day chaff: blowing away the deliberately rude/ugly, and keeping the kernals of constructive insight!

Cheers!

5. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MaineDon @ Aug 7 2009, 01:30 PM) [snapback]18162[/snapback]

I know it has been said before (yes, maybe "many times, many ways"), but I would like to offer thanks to the Webmaster(s) and support staff for developing and maintaining this site. My wife and I travel 3-to-4 months per year and we find the park reviews very helpful in deciding where to stay....and where not to stay. Whenever possible, we check the reviews for park opportunities on any given night. In general, we've found the experiences of others who have preceded us to predict what we find. Yes, there are "grudge" reviews from time-to-time. And, yes, it sometimes seems like parks owners (or maybe their mortgage holders) are writing "glowing" accounts of a park. But more often than not, especially when you read multiple reviews for a park, common themes/experiences emerge reflecting what a park is really like.

It has made me sad across the past year to see individuals attempt to misrepresent the content of posted reviews, in what seems like an effort to denigrate the usefulness of this whole site. What motivates this activity is unclear to me; but I am happy to see the Webmaster(s) taking action to increase the fairness and accuracy of posted statements on both the Forums and in the Reviews.

Maintaining a site like this one must entail a lot of work. So one family in Maine says "Thanks for your effort and we appreciate what you do." If others feel the same, maybe it's time to chime in here.

I could not have said this any better had I tried. Well Done

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm sure all the moderators, review checkers, staff, and WM appreciate your kind words. I don't need to tell you that things have been a little upside down lately because of the huge numbers of reviews that are being submitted. No one has ever seen it like this before. (I don't know if that is good or bad.) We have all been aware of recent problems with both the posts and reviews, and the WM has taken steps to remedy this. It may take a while to see the full results of his initiatives, but we have seen some positive changes already.

I would also like to say that the review checkers have done a really good job these last few weeks. Reviews were literally coming in at around a hundred a day. Given the time it takes to verify the information submitted and to correct the grammar and spelling, the checkers just could not keep up. We all appreciate your patience in getting the reviews posted.

Thanks again for your support.

7. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Right on MaineDon! Thanks a lot to all you folks working so hard to build this marvelous tool for us and to keep it relevant.
    Thank you!
    Merci beaucoup!
    Vielen Dank!
    Mille grazie!
    Dank u well!

8. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 7 2009, 06:31 PM) [snapback]18169[/snapback]

I'm sure all the moderators, review checkers, staff, and WM appreciate your kind words. I don't need to tell you that things have been a little upside down lately because of the huge numbers of reviews that are being submitted. No one has ever seen it like this before. (I don't know if that is good or bad.) We have all been aware of recent problems with both the posts and reviews, and the WM has taken steps to remedy this. It may take a while to see the full results of his initiatives, but we have seen some positive changes already.

I would also like to say that the review checkers have done a really good job these last few weeks. Reviews were literally coming in at around a hundred a day. Given the time it takes to verify the information submitted and to correct the grammar and spelling, the checkers just could not keep up. We all appreciate your patience in getting the reviews posted.

Thanks again for your support.

Texas RV: Well, I'd say that, if you are getting 100+ reviews per day, then you must be doing something right! I think it speaks to the need for this type of forum/review information. And that people need and appreciate the information you provide.

Everyone should understand that, in what is a free/non-fee site, reviews may not be immediate in making it to the web page, especially since checking of spelling/grammar/accuracy is to be done (as it should be). Please keep up the good work. Many of us really appreciate it.

9. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

It has been said that it only takes one “Oh, crap” to wipe out a bunch of Atta Boys. I don’t subscribe to that. I would suggest that it is the Atta Boy comments that make all the hard work - on behave of the rest of us - worth doing.

Thank you RVparkreviews, however many there are of you, for your professionalism, patience, and diligence in making this a premier website for those of us who rely on it.

Thank you MaineDon for starting this thread. I should have thought of it.

10. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

ME TOOOOOOOOO

11. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Aug 8 2009, 05:14 PM) [snapback]18189[/snapback]

ME TOOOOOOOOO

me also

12. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,

I too love the web site.

I do have a question about how it is financed? Should we all be clicking on adverts to make this place stay free?

13. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

me too. i love this site. i have been hanging around here for quite a while now. seems like it just keeps getting better. thank you for the hard work that you do.

14. Montana Folks

Montana Folks
    Expand Collapse

We just returned fro our first Long time experience with the 5th wheel. 6000 miles, 10 states, and 5 national parks. We used this forum many times and it never let us down! I have reviewed all of our rv parks and have been honest in my evaluations. Thanks to everybody who helps with this board!

bob and nancy kassl
    fall creek, wi

15. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

It's always good to hear that this site was a help to someone. We appreciate your letting us know.

TX

16. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I would also like to add a BIG Thank You to everyone behind the scenes at RV Park Reviews.

Mike

17. Patster1234

Patster1234
    Expand Collapse

A great site.....and a big thanks.

:D