Just Curious

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by JackHammr', Aug 11, 2009.

1. JackHammr'

JackHammr'
    Expand Collapse

AAHH well , toliets ..

Well momma used ta call 'em number twos , number twos have always been a nono except in extreme emergencies ...

We always use the camp facilities as well as the showers ...

Dont ask me why I asked this ..

2. jchapman

jchapman
    Expand Collapse

Well---now you have got me very nervous because we use ours everytime, emergency or not....I guess I need to know if this is bad, we always treat our toilets with those tablets everytime we empty the tanks, but I would like to know if the Number 2 is a bad thing for our motorhome.. good question jackhammer..thanks

3. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(JackHammr' @ Aug 11 2009, 07:59 PM) [snapback]18255[/snapback]

AAHH well , toliets ..

Well momma used ta call 'em number twos , number twos have always been a nono except in extreme emergencies ...

We always use the camp facilities as well as the showers ...

Dont ask me why I asked this ..

Number two's at 3 in the morning are very acceptable in the camper's facilities. Don't ask why I responded.

4. JackHammr'

JackHammr'
    Expand Collapse

Certain it doesnt"hurt" anything at all , maybe yur sinuses :blink: , is just something we have always done ..

HHMM who started this anyways :unsure:

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Holy c_ _ p. Isn't that what the toilet and holding tank are made for???!!!!

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We have been using one we have for a long time and never had a problem. We use everything in motorhome. It all works. If you know how to clean out tank then you will never have a problem. Black tanks need lots of water at all times. Never open the valve to you need to dump and then add 5 to 6 gals of water back in. Our black tank is 57 gals and that holds a lot of crap. :lol:

7. CDB

CDB
    Expand Collapse

We use our RV toilet just as we do the one at home. I might also add that we always shower in our RV too. The way I see it, traveling with your own bathroom is a great benefit to RVing as you always know how clean the facilities will be, how much hot water you will have, etc.

Christopher

8. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

Good grief did I miss something? I bought my class A with a bath and a half so the DW and I would both hour our own potty for them times in the morning. We have not used a camp or park facility since we bought our rv. Its what we bought it for so thats it.

9. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

We use all the systems on our trailer all the time, that is why we bought it.

Dumping the black and grey tanks is simple, easy and quick when you get used to it.

10. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

The reason we try to minimize our camper's use is we are usually where there are no hookups (and almost always no sewer hookup). Our gray tank is too small for us to be taking showers, plus the shower is tiny. The last time I used our shower was at Disney World, cause we had a sewer hookup. I used it one time that week - forgot how small it was, so I used their showers the rest of the time.

Now the black tank appears to go on forever - but since we usually don't have electric hookups, I don't want the water pump running all the time with 5 of us using the toilet.

If I had a bigger shower, always had full hookups, I would use our facilities more.

11. JackHammr'

JackHammr'
    Expand Collapse

I think our thinking on this is similiar to Happy's , we're often without a sewer hookup for an extended period , and the shower is rather small even for Sweetie , who aint as big as nothing ..

12. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I use my own facilities. I know who has been on them, and where they have been, and when they were last cleaned.

Since I'm by myself, I also wash dishes in a rubbermaid tub and dump the water down toilet in order to "dilute" it.

JJ

13. Trentheim

Trentheim
    Expand Collapse

We use our own facilities as well. We can get about four days of "storage" from the black and gray tanks and that's with 2 gals and 1 guy. Our water pump is powered by the battery, so we have no problems using water during boondocking (unless our fresh tank is empty).

Since my wife is kinda germiphobic and has transferred it to my daughter, going on our own potty is far, far easier than lugging seat covers, disinfectant, blowtorches, and specially modified hazmat suits to any other facility. :blink:

14. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Trentheim @ Aug 15 2009, 02:38 PM) [snapback]18342[/snapback]

...far easier than lugging seat covers, disinfectant, blowtorches, and specially modified hazmat suits... :blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Most excellent!!!
    Had to wipe laughter tears from my eyes to finish my reply here... OMG this describes my better half!
    Yes...we too use our own facilities. Like JJ, when in no-water/low-water situations, I've become adept at transferring dish-water to the head.
    Cheers!
    FI

15. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We have convert our black tank into a yellow tank and never (almost) do anything that would make it a black tank. This works out well for us and we usually use the campgrounds or eating place's toilets. Works much better for us. I saw a camper this morning lose his hose while dumping his balck tank. Made a horrible mess and tied up the dump station quite a while. We are usually limited by our gray tank capacity.

16. coacbcps

coacbcps
    Expand Collapse

We have a brand new pop up camper that has a bathroom and shower. My two daughters and I use the bathroom all the time when we do #1. My husband is not allowed to use it because of his bad aim. If he wouldn't mind sitting down to do #1 he would be more than welcome to use the facilities. :lol: No one is allowed to do #2 in the camper, especially not the hubby! Whenever he does #2 it seem as if something crawled up in him and died! I might lift the no #2 rule over time but because it is new and still has that new camper smell . . . we'll see. We have actually used the shower facility a few times as well. When we were shopping for the pop up and I stated that I wanted the bathroom/shower cassette, everyone said that they NEVER use the bathroom in the camper. They are missing out! I like our bathroom even though it is small, it's clean and it's ours.

17. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Aug 16 2009, 09:58 AM) [snapback]18359[/snapback]

We have convert our black tank into a yellow tank and never (almost) do anything that would make it a black tank. This works out well for us and we usually use the campgrounds or eating place's toilets. Works much better for us. I saw a camper this morning lose his hose while dumping his balck tank. Made a horrible mess and tied up the dump station quite a while. We are usually limited by our gray tank capacity.

In 10 years that I am vacationing on my 5th W, we always used our trailer’s facility, yes I clean it often, I wash it well and use the blue liquid to kill the smell and we never had problems with it

18. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Well for the last ten years I've towed with the same 21' trailer and as my kids have grown it seems my trailer has gotten smaller...

19. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mdcamping @ Sep 12 2009, 06:57 AM) [snapback]18849[/snapback]

Well for the last ten years I've towed with the same 21' trailer and as my kids have grown it seems my trailer has gotten smaller...

20. jan-n-john

jan-n-john
    Expand Collapse

Well, everybody's different. We RV mostly because we (especially the Jan part of our duo) doesn't like road hotels/motels. Whenever she is in one she looks under the bed for dead bodies (don't laugh--this has happened) and never ever puts her bare foot on the carpet. So based on this, we have our own RV now (35' fiver), and don't have to go to motels. As such, for similar reasons, we almost never use the CG facilities, but use our own in the unit. For us the whole idea was to have our own bed, our own bathroom, etc etc. They may be a little dirty at times, but at least it's our dirt. We aren't in to primitive anything---we choose campgrounds that are top-notch, and in particular have full hookups. I hook up the sewer hose. We use the shower and the kitchen sink, and obviously the toilet, as much as we please. After a couple of days, when there is sufficient water in the grey tanks (we never get the black more than half full by the time the greys are full), I pull the valves and dump it all, always the black first then the grey to flush things out. Works fine. We have found that the blue stuff is fine but not even really necessary most of the time. Keep that little bit of water in the toilet--it works wonders.

I have not found it necessary to do anything special regarding the black tank. I keep the valves closed on all tanks to build up some quantity, and dump when necessary and always last thing when leaving. I don't do any special flush of the black tank with clean water, and keep the valves closed in storage. No problems so far, and no particular odor problem either (we do get odors from time to time, but not a biggie).