Exciting changes coming!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Webmaster, Dec 27, 2004.

1. eaglessoc

eaglessoc
    Expand Collapse

I think the picture of campground sites suggestion is a good one. Many RVers have cell air cards, so sending a picture with their review just after they visited a campground would be valuable.

2. grim509

grim509
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(eaglessoc @ Mar 10 2010, 03:51 PM) [snapback]21247[/snapback]

I think the picture of campground sites suggestion is a good one. Many RVers have cell air cards, so sending a picture with their review just after they visited a campground would be valuable.

Agreed. What would be a "small site" to someone with an RV may be just right for someone like me with a popup. Also, it would help substantiate or disavow those reviews who seem to come from people who are happy with nothing.

3. J Wolf

J Wolf
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to say what a great job you are doing. Before i make any reservation i come to your site first and look for your review. That is why i joined so that ican send in reviews the more you have i think the better product. Again great site and keep up the good works and a great big thanks.

4. BrendaB

BrendaB
    Expand Collapse

Hello. My husband and I have been reading reviews here for a while now. We always look here first before booking. One time we didn't and we got stung with a terrible campground. Lesson learned. I just joined to write my first review. I'm happy to submit my opinions on such a well run site. Finding reviews on Canadian campgrounds would be wonderful. We live in upstate NY and we frequent Canada because they are so close to us. Nice to see a clickable map is in the works. It would also be nice to be able to post a photo. We just left a campground because of construction that was going on. I'd love to post a photo of this construction so people could see what we were talking about. Just a thought. As far as this site, we always tell people about it. Keep up the good work!

5. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BrendaB @ Apr 19 2010, 07:20 AM) [snapback]21693[/snapback]

Hello. My husband and I have been reading reviews here for a while now. We always look here first before booking. One time we didn't and we got stung with a terrible campground. Lesson learned. I just joined to write my first review. I'm happy to submit my opinions on such a well run site. Finding reviews on Canadian campgrounds would be wonderful. We live in upstate NY and we frequent Canada because they are so close to us. Nice to see a clickable map is in the works. It would also be nice to be able to post a photo. We just left a campground because of construction that was going on. I'd love to post a photo of this construction so people could see what we were talking about. Just a thought. As far as this site, we always tell people about it. Keep up the good work!

I'm not sure if you are aware that Canadian campgrounds are reviewed here. Simply click on the "Show Canada" button (it looks like the Canadian flag) on the home page.

6. SargeW

SargeW
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I am a full timer and have been posting to the site for years. I review every camp ground that I stay in, and try to be fair and objective while doing so. Just a few suggestions I would like to add to the site itself. I believe that adding a check box for "paved pads" would be of benefit for many RV'ers. This is especially true when camping in the East where the weather can and does turn nasty in a hurry. Sometimes being on a paved surface can make a huge difference in the quality of your stay.

Second, adding a feature to be able to "search" for your favorite ammenity would be great. The ability to search for site length, WiFi, or even a paved site would make the site even more user friendly.

Thanks, Sarge

7. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(SargeW @ Oct 4 2010, 06:01 PM) [snapback]24445[/snapback]
    ...Second, adding a feature to be able to "search" for your favorite ammenity would be great. The ability to search for site length, WiFi, or even a paved site would make the site even more user friendly.

Thanks, Sarge

On the Campground Search page, there is a section "Filter Results by Amenities (beta)" that allows you to do that, but only for amenities already in the data, e.g., Wi-Fi, big rig access, etc.

8. Theresal58

Theresal58
    Expand Collapse

We love this website. We use it all the time to help us select a place to stay. I know there are others but this one seems to be the most complete. Thanks !
    As for searching for amenities, we would like to suggest a "shaded or private " site button. We do NOT like to sit in a big park all lined up in the open like RV soldiers.

9. Theresal58

Theresal58
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl @ Dec 13 2005, 04:43 PM) [snapback]3090[/snapback]

It's a good one.

I agree. Noise, noisy trains, noise....... Very important to us when camping. We want peace and quiet.

10. TXBobcat

TXBobcat
    Expand Collapse

One thing I find intresting is when people rate a campground. If it is easy to get to because it is near the interstate hwy, their problem is the traffic noise. If it is in a wooded area they can't get satellite or it is so far away from the highway cell and air card don't work. Very seldom do they put the campground in a urban neighborhood. The city ordinance and codes normally don't allow a business in residential areas but do in commercial areas. Near highways, railroad tracks and airports. We turn on your bedroom A/C fan on for white noise at night and just ignore the noise in the day time.

I use to live near Casper Wyoming and have stayed at the Casper KOA.. Saw a review about the campground that there was no shade trees or grass, just sand and gravel through out the camground. Well look around the east half of the state. Guess what no trees, very littl grass, just rolling hills, sage brush and cactus.

They gripe about kids running around in KOA's campgrounds. Well they are family orented so that is what you are going to get.

Do more research before you go to the campground.

I would like to see a gallery seperate from the reviews that you could go to and see what members post showng parts of the campground.

FWIW
    BC

11. stroza

stroza
    Expand Collapse

campgroundreviews.com --- Wouldn't leave home without it!!!

12. DelK

DelK
    Expand Collapse

It sure would be a great help if the address of the campgrounds were included in the information.

13. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Click on the website. HOpefully you would get an address there.

QUOTE(DelK @ Oct 2 2012, 07:54 PM) [snapback]31371[/snapback]

It sure would be a great help if the address of the campgrounds were included in the information.

14. John Q Citizen

John Q Citizen
    Expand Collapse

I discovered your site this season. It has replaced my Trailer Life Campground directory. Keep up the good work!! :D

15. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks. Welcome to the forum.

16. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Q Citizen @ Oct 6 2012, 12:21 PM) [snapback]31424[/snapback]

I discovered your site this season. It has replaced my Trailer Life Campground directory. Keep up the good work!! :D

I agree. I haven't had the directory open for two years. This site does it all!

17. TedandJan

TedandJan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Dec 27 2004, 10:13 AM) [snapback]1668[/snapback]

Hi everybody!
    Just wanted to give everybody an update on some changes that we are making to RV Park Reviews. We are currently working on a more efficient review submitting system that will automate the review process and take less time on our part to post the reviews. We also have plans to add the Canadian Provinces as well to this system and possibly in the future to add "clickable" maps to find campgrounds. As with any software changes that are made there may be a learning curve, but we are hoping that things will go smoothly, so be patient when we finally do implement the changes. We appreciate all your support for RV Park Reviews and are striving to make things even better! ;)

I look forward to your updates as this is where I get info on deciding my next stop. Just a request to consider, today up to 40 feet doesn't describe big rig compatible. You need to have an additional designation for over 40 feet. I have a 45 foot 5er and I need your help. It's still the best review/ selection site.

18. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I agree with your suggestion, but do note that the post you replied to was from 2004. :blink:

19. Desertthorn

Desertthorn
    Expand Collapse

I wish that you have a box for if the campground was open all year or not.I've mentioned this before because we travel a lot during late fall winter and early spring and not all websites think to put this info.
    Also there is discussion going on over at motorhome.com about parks with the 10 year rule. I wish that box was also listed as my rig is 10 years old right now and I rather not embarrass myself or the park pulling in and asking for a space.

20. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Desertthorn @ Oct 29 2012, 09:38 PM) [snapback]31726[/snapback]
    I wish that you have a box for if the campground was open all year or not.I've mentioned this before because we travel a lot during late fall winter and early spring and not all websites think to put this info.
    Also there is discussion going on over at motorhome.com about parks with the 10 year rule. I wish that box was also listed as my rig is 10 years old right now and I rather not embarrass myself or the park pulling in and asking for a space.

Most of the campgrounds give do you an opening and closing date, But a box to check, open all year would be nice.
    I never agreed with the 10 yr rule, myself. My trailer is going to be 10 next year. It still looks new. I guess a check box for that wouldn't be bad though.
    I don't know how much work it would be for the crew to do that. They all have a heavy work load as it is. Maybe put it on the back burner for the future.
    I know I've said it before, but you all do a great job here. Thanks.