Boondocking Etiquette Reminder

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by John316, Sep 25, 2009.

1. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

Kirk....you're painting with an awful large brush with your assessment about ARVC members.
    I have to agree with this. Unfortunately, this same individual has nasty remarks to make about ALL Koa'a also, and I'm sure he has only been to a few (out of 500+). I have belonged to ARVC for 10 years. I have attended most conventions over the years and I have learned valuable information. ...Although if Kirk has "hacked into their computer system" as he claims, he may know more than any of us. :lol: It's funny when something as silly as parking in a stupid parking lot can get people so worked up that they will illegally purge from a corporate web site??? I don't think I would have put that information out there Kirk. :rolleyes:

2. summerland

summerland
    Expand Collapse

Walmart's are such a blessing.

Whatever rock's 'yer boat. :rolleyes:

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

It's funny when something as silly as parking in a stupid parking lot can get people so worked up

Seems to have you all woked up Gilda. It isn't the fact about parking at Wal-Mart, it is when people denigrate others for it. Everybody is different and we all have to learn that we must respect other's ideals and not run them down for doing something they think is perfectly acceptable.

4. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

5. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

"The thread was locked out due to people that are out of hand. All threads are a way to past around information only, not kill each other. As long as the threads are civil we will keep them. If everyone would like to see it go away, then start an attack on a member. We are not at war here. So everyone needs to be nice to each other. We do read all post on this web site. I hope his will help.

This quote was from John Blue on why the WM thread was deleted. This thread is also starting down that same lane.

If one can't manage to adhere to his suggestion of being "nice to each other", then at least have a bit of TOLERANCE for differing opinions.

6. John316

John316
    Expand Collapse

I agree with RLM. Please! If you don't want to stay in WM, fine. If you do, great.

Let's just be adults about it.

God bless,

John

7. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

OK we are close to the next lock down now. Good information will go down the drain if it is locked out. I see no point in some of the comments but everyone has a place here to add his or her remarks. This is the last time, so be nice to each other.

8. John316

John316
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, John. I agree with you. Thanks for all that you do here. I know that you don't have a popular job sometimes.

God bless,

John

QUOTE(John Blue @ Oct 2 2009, 09:20 PM) [snapback]19378[/snapback]

OK we are close to the next lock down now. Good information will go down the drain if it is locked out. I see no point in some of the comments but everyone has a place here to add his or her remarks. This is the last time, so be nice to each other.

9. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

I really like the etiquette reminder. B) Thank you!

Learned a similar theme decades ago when backpacking. Sounds trite, but we trained the kids the same thing at various stages of camping. Pack it out: leave nothing but footsteps.

When kids were little we'd make a game of going around our campsites picking up cig-butts, pop-tops, tangled knots of fishing line, candy wrappers, etc. that had accumulated from countless previous visitors. Can't tell you how many times the kids would find coins! What a hoot.

And now days...camping/parking in such close quarters at some parks: you know you're being watched when easing out of a site to hook-up the tow-car or whatever. Part of our check-list is to walk around the site (and rig) with one of those plastic grocery bags (wearing gloves) picking up bits of whatever and dumping bag and all in the trash can on the way out the gate.

We've not (yet) done a Wal-Mart overnighter: but will keep in mind the 'level-leg' asphalt protector boards...Cheers!

10. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Many, if not most Wal-Marts come around in the very early morning hours with a big sweeper machine and clean up the parking lots. On our last trip, I accidentally left 2 pins from my tow bar on the pavement behind our coach and heard the sweeper in the night. They had been swept up the next morning/

I personally would rather shop at Family Dollar Store as you don’t have to get all dressed up as when you go to Wal-Mart.

11. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Oct 3 2009, 08:49 PM) [snapback]19381[/snapback]

Many, if not most Wal-Marts come around in the very early morning hours with a big sweeper machine and clean up the parking lots. On our last trip, I accidentally left 2 pins from my tow bar on the pavement behind our coach and heard the sweeper in the night. They had been swept up the next morning/

I personally would rather shop at Family Dollar Store as you don’t have to get all dressed up as when you go to Wal-Mart.

Your last paragraph really made me chuckle, thanks!

12. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(abbygolden @ Oct 4 2009, 09:58 AM) [snapback]19386[/snapback]

Your last paragraph really made me chuckle, thanks!

Yep, sometimes the old jokes are still funny. My wife has heard that one so many times she wants to give it a number.