Columbus Day Weekend, Who's Going Camping?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by mdcamping, Oct 4, 2009.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Autumns here, the air is getting colder, leaves are turning color and camping season is winding down (at least for us)

We've got one more trip planned for Odetah in CT. B) Looking forward to some cool crisp nights to enjoy the fire, fishing, shuffle board,mini golf and playing cards with my boys! Now all I need now is some good karma for the weather! :rolleyes:

Any one else have plans for this upcoming holiday?

Hope everyone has a fun, safe camping weekend! :D

Mike

2. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mdcamping @ Oct 4 2009, 10:00 PM) [snapback]19398[/snapback]

Autumns here, the air is getting colder, leaves are turning color and camping season is winding down (at least for us)

We've got one more trip planned for Odetah in CT. B) Looking forward to some cool crisp nights to enjoy the fire, fishing, shuffle board,mini golf and playing cards with my boys! Now all I need now is some good karma for the weather! :rolleyes:

Any one else have plans for this upcoming holiday?

Hope everyone has a fun, safe camping weekend! :D

Mike

We are going to a campground in southern Vermont, our last campout to say our goodbyes for 2009. Hoping for clear weather so we can enjoy the fall colors of the leaves.........

3. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

I'd rather be camping Columbus Day weekend, but instead will be staying in a hotel in Ocean City, Maryland enjoying the Endless Summer Cruise In.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend regardless of what their plans are!

4. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

Working on winterizing the camper... :(

Just got back from our last trip for the year, Halloween Weekend at Wolf's Den. We had a good time, but it was rainy. Tough to trick-or-treat in the rain. Actually had to use the furnace in the camper on Friday night! Love this time of year... cold, crisp mornings and evenings, warm afternoons. Fall is the best time of year in New England.

Have fun!

5. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I really wish I was going camping but I will be here, managing a campground, for all you lucky folks that might head our way. Woe is me! ;)

6. DavyD

DavyD
    Expand Collapse

We are heading south for the Texas Gulf coast to attempt to stretch out the summer/fall for a little while longer.

7. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

Wont be moving anywhere until after Thanksgiving, than heading south to Elephant Butte, NM.

8. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

We're currently in southwestern Iowa, watching the leaves turn and waves of migrating songbirds pass through. Absolute mobs of robins bouncing around the acres of grass at our current location. Been hearing the geese gathering at local farmponds in the crisp evenings.
    That full moon has been enormous as it rises over the horizon!
    Corn and soybeans are turning golden and when it stops raining I'm sure the harvest will go into full swing. This corner of the state has not had the 'fall kick-off' overnight frost yet, however the trees are turning!
    Enjoy!

9. RVingMama

RVingMama
    Expand Collapse

Going camping at Jellystone in Elmer, NJ. Husband will scoot over to the Eagles/Tampa Bay game on Sunday while the kids and I to the campground thing. Happy last-weekend-of-camping-for-many Weekend!!

10. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

OK...
    It SNOWED in south western Iowa last nite!! Hello!!!
    Apparantely broke an October 10th weather record: measurable snowfall for this neck of the woods.

So the sun broke through and melted roughy 3 inches (not a fish story here) by late afternoon. Put the harvest in remission for a couple days. Yikes!

Does make for snuggling, good stew and red wine weather!!!

Cheers!
    B)