Etiquette For Pet Area

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Texasrvers, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

A recent comment in another thread raised a question with me. Since I didn't want to hijack that thread I have posted it here. The comment said, "One problem with dog parks is you {meaning the campground owner} need to clean/check it 2-3 times a day to keep the humans happy. Nobody will appreciate your work if they are stepping in poop at the gate."

I absolutely agree that the pet area should be clean, but my question is:

Should owners still pick up after their pet even if it does its business inside the pet area or do pet owners think it is OK not to pick up since this is an area provided solely for pet use?

We do not travel with a dog so I have never paid attention to this, but the comment did make me wonder about the proper procedure.

2. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Oct 26 2009, 12:10 AM) [snapback]19746[/snapback]

A recent comment in another thread raised a question with me. Since I didn't want to hijack that thread I have posted it here. The comment said, "One problem with dog parks is you {meaning the campground owner} need to clean/check it 2-3 times a day to keep the humans happy. Nobody will appreciate your work if they are stepping in poop at the gate."

I absolutely agree that the pet area should be clean, but my question is:

Should owners still pick up after their pet even if it does its business inside the pet area or do pet owners think it is OK not to pick up since this is an area provided solely for pet use?

We do not travel with a dog so I have never paid attention to this, but the comment did make me wonder about the proper procedure.

I can't think of any time that the owner shouldn't clean up after their pet, inside a pet area or not. It's your responsibility.

3. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

As a pet owner and a CG manager I feel that a pets waste is the pet owners responsibility. It seems to me that you should always clean up after your own pet. If you play with your dog in a pet area you, or your pet, could easily step in the waste of a pet that left just ahead of you. I don't know of any campground that can afford, or should have to, have someone sitting there full time just to clean up behind someones pet.

4. nicki

nicki
    Expand Collapse

To leave your dog's mess anywhere (dog park or elsewhere) is just downright gross and disgusting. There is never a situation where this is OK. People who leave their dog's mess for others to deal with are just plain rude and inconsiderate.

5. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

Ditto on all of the above.....please pick up ALL dog waste no matter where it is.