How To Question Posters

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by chuckl, Nov 10, 2009.

1. chuckl

chuckl
    Expand Collapse

I saw a post on a campground i was planning on staying at and decided not to because of the post. The poster said that the manager wanted him to sign a waiver that if he left and there was any damage to his site his credit card would be billed and there would be no way to dispute the charge. I have never even imagined anything like that as that would give the park the ability to rebuild the park on other peoples money as most people would leave and then find out there was damage to whatever the owner said. I cant believe that the owner still has any business left as i know i wouldn't stay there. Sure would like to find out more of the details of that comment.

2. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

There has to be way more to the story than what this poster said. No park would say or do such a thing unless there was a circumstance where the possibility of doing some damage was in the picture. I would call the park in question, tell them what was posted and ask them if this is a normal practice of theirs. .......and then please let the rest of us know.

3. riggarob

riggarob
    Expand Collapse

We always use our cedit card for the reward points, BUT, I think I would use cash in this situation. Robbie

4. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

You could call the park and ask them about the waiver.

5. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

You might want to call the park directly and ask. You could also write a note on the disclaimer that said management and camper would have to agree to and sign for any damages before leaving. This sort of thing happens in the lodging business, but I have never ssen itat a campground. Having been a credit card merchant, I don't think his disclaimer would prevent a dispute anyway.

6. meatwagon45

meatwagon45
    Expand Collapse

My biggest fear in camping is that after I leave, some damage fines/fees can be assessed to my credit card without me knowing for days if not weeks. Due to the weather this year, my wife and I wait till the last second to make our reservations and it is usually right when we are ready to leave home. Many campgrounds I have found are willing to take cash at check in and not take a deposit. For those that do want a credit card, we have one of those "refillable" credit cards that cannot affect our credit.

7. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(meatwagon45 @ Nov 12 2009, 06:33 PM) [snapback]19999[/snapback]

My biggest fear in camping is that after I leave, some damage fines/fees can be assessed to my credit card without me knowing for days if not weeks. Due to the weather this year, my wife and I wait till the last second to make our reservations and it is usually right when we are ready to leave home. Many campgrounds I have found are willing to take cash at check in and not take a deposit. For those that do want a credit card, we have one of those "refillable" credit cards that cannot affect our credit.

We have been fulltiming for over seven years, and we have never had an additional charge appear on our credit card after leaving a park. I don't think that's something you need to worry about.

Go have fun!