Right Campground For Fisherman And Family

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Galli, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

It is several years that I am spending my winters in middle Florida , Tampa area and recently the weather is quite unpredictable, namely, often in January we spend days with freezing temperature, and/or unpleasant conditions.
    I love fishing and in order to decide for an optional destination, I have to consider places with salt water accessible to a 16’ boat and 40 HP outboard, the southern part of Florida would be perfect but the camping coast there is ridiculous.
    It is a couple of years that I am thinking for an alternate place but WHERE ??? Southern Texas .but where closed to salt water with good facility and indicated for family ???
    I have also considered Mexico, Baja ,.even if it is too far away from. Ottawa, Canada but, I read so many horrible stories about camping there that I decide to eliminate this destination from the possible list.
    Now the question, does anyone of you have suggestions…..

2. riggarob

riggarob
    Expand Collapse

"the southern part of Florida would be perfect but the camping coast there is ridiculous". Did you mean the camping "cost" would be ridiculous? :unsure: Robbie

QUOTE(Galli @ Jan 6 2010, 01:43 AM) [snapback]20569[/snapback]

It is several years that I am spending my winters in middle Florida , Tampa area and recently the weather is quite unpredictable, namely, often in January we spend days with freezing temperature, and/or unpleasant conditions.
    I love fishing and in order to decide for an optional destination, I have to consider places with salt water accessible to a 16’ boat and 40 HP outboard, It is a couple of years that I am thinking for an alternate place but WHERE ??? Southern Texas .but where closed to salt water with good facility and indicated for family ???
    I have also considered Mexico, Baja ,.even if it is too far away from. Ottawa, Canada but, I read so many horrible stories about camping there that I decide to eliminate this destination from the possible list.
    Now the question, does anyone of you have suggestions…..

3. Trentheim

Trentheim
    Expand Collapse

You'd think with the global warming that we've been promised that you would be able to camp off the seacoast of Pennsylvania by now in January or February and only have to run your AC. ;)

4. Loillian & Louie

Loillian & Louie
    Expand Collapse

I am not tiring to be a jerk but I live in PA and I would like to know where this sea coast is located in PA.
    Louie
    :blink:

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Penn sea coast is over next to New Jersey. :lol:

6. Trentheim

Trentheim
    Expand Collapse

I was employing something that is known as "sarcasm" with my reference to global warming and the seacoast in PA. As you might have heard from those who believe in global warming, the seas will rise with the rise in temperatures. I just exageratted it to rising to PA along with the rise in temperatures in PA in the winter to the point where you would need to run your AC... in the winter.

7. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

You might consider central Florida along the Gulf Coast. Places like Crystal River and areas North and South. You can get a campsite and be within 10 to 15 minutes of the Gulf via boat trailer. Temps will be about 5 degrees warmer than South Florida during the winter cold snaps. From my totally unscientific observations, there appears to be a lot of vacancies here in January. You might even be able to keep the boat in the water and have a 15 minute run out to salt water. Good Luck.

8. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(riggarob @ Jan 5 2010, 10:53 PM) [snapback]20570[/snapback]

"the southern part of Florida would be perfect but the camping coast there is ridiculous". Did you mean the camping "cost" would be ridiculous? :unsure: Robbie

I might have used an improper word, what I ment was COST too high.
    Thanks for correcting me