Tent Trailer Rental Near Tampa

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by campinggirl1964, Feb 16, 2010.

1. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know of anywhere that rents tent trailers, or light weight travel trailers, near the Tampa area?

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

campinggirl1964,

You could be out of luck on this one. I did a look at Tampa Yellow pages plus Google and found no place that rents the tent trailers. Number of places will rent other types of RV equipment but no tent trailers could I find around here.

3. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Feb 17 2010, 06:10 PM) [snapback]20972[/snapback]

campinggirl1964,

You could be out of luck on this one. I did a look at Tampa Yellow pages plus Google and found no place that rents the tent trailers. Number of places will rent other types of RV equipment but no tent trailers could I find around here.

Thanks for looking for me, John. Did you notice if any rent smaller or light weight tent trailers?

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

campinggirl1964,

Yes, a couple places did have small trailers that you may be able to pull with a car or van. I could not find one tent trailer to rent. Also the prices were high. The Yellow pages were not a lot of help. Google was more help. I found a number of places around here. Lazy Days was no help but we do have places to rent a class A DP down to a very small unit. If you need more help let me know.

5. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Feb 18 2010, 07:19 PM) [snapback]20980[/snapback]

campinggirl1964,

Yes, a couple places did have small trailers that you may be able to pull with a car or van. I could not find one tent trailer to rent. Also the prices were high. The Yellow pages were not a lot of help. Google was more help. I found a number of places around here. Lazy Days was no help but we do have places to rent a class A DP down to a very small unit. If you need more help let me know.

Thanks, John....I actually meant to say "travel" trailers in my second post, not "tent". I've googled and only came up with Class C's, or used (and not very nice looking) travel trailers (looked like personal rentals). If you found some links for places that rent small travel trailers, I suppose anywhere from Jacksonville down to Tampa, and could send them to me, that would be great.

We have a 5er and will be there in late April, however, I'm trying to convince friends of ours who don't own a trailer, to come with us. We'll be staying in the Tampa area.

Thanks again for your help!
    Nancy

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse