Route 60 From I-64 To Gauley Bridge, West Va.

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by F350Powerstroke, Jul 2, 2010.

1. F350Powerstroke

F350Powerstroke
    Expand Collapse

We will be going to New River Campground and will be traveling west on I-64. Would it be better to go on Rt. 60 or go to I-77 and go up to Beckley and in to the campground. We will be pulling a 32' fiver.
    Thanks!!

2. Trentheim

Trentheim
    Expand Collapse

I grew up in WV and while I'm not from that particular area, I can tell you that it is very mountainous where you are going. (But you knew that, already. :) ). If you look at any map program (google maps for instance) you'll see that 60 is a very twisty road once in WV. Lots of ups and downs, probably a couple of sharp turns. I-77 will still get you some good views and it will most likely be faster.

Hope that helps,

JT3

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

It would be best to drive Rt 60 with a small car. Not a lot of fun to travel on anytime.

4. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Stroker350 @ Jul 2 2010, 09:31 PM) [snapback]22820[/snapback]

We will be going to New River Campground and will be traveling west on I-64. Would it be better to go on Rt. 60 or go to I-77 and go up to Beckley and in to the campground. We will be pulling a 32' fiver.
    Thanks!!

Can tell you that route I-64 to Beckley WV from I-81 south is very good road BUT has many ups and downs. Just drove it last month, June 2010. I-64 turns into I-77 at Beckley. Hope this helps............

5. F350Powerstroke

F350Powerstroke
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the input. I'll just take easy and go the Rt 60 way, sounds hilly either way.