Arrrggghhhh...

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Luvtheroad, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

So, at 3:30 a.m. I hear what sounds like someone either trying to break into our trailer or steal our truck. I throw open the door and discover the guy in the next door site is hooking up his toad. Loudly. This goes on for about a half-hour. Clank..stomp, stomp, stomp...clank..stomp, stomp, stomp...pound on something...clank, clank...open door, close door...clank... I figure he's going to be taking off shortly, but nooooo......he's still there when we get up at 7:00 and still there when we leave at 9:00. Whatever would possess someone to do that at 3:30 a.m.??? OK, that's a rhetorical question...I know the answer already: no consideration for others.

2. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

Then you have the ones that come in at 1 AM to 3 AM in the morning and then they set up. Talking louding, banging doors, making lots of noise. Have gone out a few times in the past and talked to them about it. Main excuse. "Well, it's the weekend we left at 5 PM and had this or that problem and got in late." Are sorry they woke us up. Totally clueless. Now I don't even bother, I put in ear plugs and try to get back to sleep.

3. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

Then there are the bozo diesel owners that never read the manuals for their engines and think that they require extended warm-up before easing out of a campground.

4. Trailer Park Casanova

Trailer Park Casanova
    Expand Collapse

I didn't buy a diesel because firing that thing up in the middle of the night would be like the hammers of hell to my neighbors.
    Now we have no choice when we buy another tow vehicle.

We hook up the day before we depart to avoid the disturbing neighbors.
    Some people just don't care. Just like those that don't clean up after their pets. They just don't give a damn.

5. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We like to leave the campground uncoupled and get gas this way as it is much easier and the number of stations that we can use at 35ft rather than 58ft when "hitched" is greatly expanded. When we get in late (which rarely happens), we extend the slides and maybe hook up the electric if it is hot, but try to be as quiet as possible. Most of us RV'ers were brought up to be polite and being impolite and stupid is bone deep on these folks and they won't change.

6. NorthernIllinoisPlumber

NorthernIllinoisPlumber
    Expand Collapse

I enjoy listening to screaming kids, and alchohol induced arguments...in the early morning.

7. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We made no noise if possible. We hook up the tow car near the way out of park if possible. No talked, no door slamming, close the bay doors as noise free as possible, no diesel warm up, as soon as we have air pressure and can move we do so. We try to leave on up in the day if possible. We never come in a park at night, will park at Wal-Mart before we would drive in to a new park and hit low tree limbs or wake up anyone. Everything on this post we have saw over the years.

8. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

Being retired and fulltimer we leave late in the morning and stop early in the afternoon. We usually get on the road around 9 or 10 am, stop for lunch around around 11:30 am and stop for the evening around 3 pm.

9. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(nedmtnman @ Aug 30 2010, 08:03 AM) [snapback]23818[/snapback]

Being retired and fulltimer we leave late in the morning and stop early in the afternoon. We usually get on the road around 9 or 10 am, stop for lunch around around 11:30 am and stop for the evening around 3 pm.

We follow the "Two Thirty Rule": Stop after 230 miles or 2:30 in the afternoon, whichever comes first. :)