Good Sam???

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by J59T, May 23, 2005.

1. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

Last July, we had a bad accident. I called Good Sam to come get the motor home. The lady said the would get someone right out and to expect a call within a few minutes with an estimated arrival time. 30 minutes later, I called and was told the same thing. I waited another 30-40 minutes and made the 3rd call, On the 4th call, I was told that since it was an accident, they would not be coming out that I needed to call my insurance company. It certainly would have been helpful if the first lady I talked to had told me that rather than to keep saying that someone was on the way. The motor home was totaled and the people that hit us were both killed. I was stressed enough without that run-around.

I cancelled after that. Not because they did not come out since that was the policy. But, because I was told 3 times that somebody was on the way.

Jurhee

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Jurhee,

Sorry to hear this as it can happen to anyone on the road and it is never a good outcome. We have great air brakes on our MH with a air brake system on the Honda (M&G) as well and on a number of times we have come very close to a wipe out with the 4 wheel people who drive like nut cases. They think you can stop on a dime and pick up the change. Run red lights as you start across a road and other dumb moves. We all need to be very careful on the road. We only use coach net for our roadside services. Never had a problem with them yet.

3. TexasRee

TexasRee
    Expand Collapse

We were headed west on I-40 out of Albuquerque when a car came across the median straight at us. Jerry saw them coming braked and swerved as best he could. The took out the corner of the coach where I was sitting. 2 or 3 inches over and I would not be here telling about it. Neither of us were hurt at all. The other driver either had a heart attack or went to sleep. Considering it was about 9 AM, I assume it was a heart attack. Jerry is an excellent driver and did the best he could! The sad part is that we were on the way home to CA. There was a contract on our house and we were going full-time. Just was not meant to be, I guess.

Jurhee

QUOTE(John Blue @ Apr 26 2012, 10:14 PM) [snapback]29383[/snapback]

Jurhee,

Sorry to hear this as it can happen to anyone on the road and it is never a good outcome. We have great air brakes on our MH with a air brake system on the Honda (M&G) as well and on a number of times we have come very close to a wipe out with the 4 wheel people who drive like nut cases. They think you can stop on a dime and pick up the change. Run red lights as you start across a road and other dumb moves. We all need to be very careful on the road. We only use coach net for our roadside services. Never had a problem with them yet.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Jurhee,

At this point all you can do is what Jerry did and hope for the best. We all have been on this same road over the years. We were on I-20 in northern LA and a car come on to I-20 at high speed and in front of the traffic flow. An 18 wheel truck run over the car and drove the truck and car in front off the road and into a large tree. The car was a pancake. The hold family in that car were all killed. The truck driver was sick over what happen but he could not stop this rig at 70 MPH due to this mistake the people in the car made. Be as safe as you can on the road.

5. vincee

vincee
    Expand Collapse

I have had Good Sam ERS for 4 or 5 years now. I have used them 3 times and I am satisfied with both their service and response time. Its funny, but before I got the motor home never thought of getting AAA or anybody like them in the past. Glad I did with the rig.

6. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Dave-and-Ellen @ Jul 19 2008, 05:46 PM) [snapback]12338[/snapback]

I am surprised to read this about Good Sam ERS. The Good Sam magazine shows such great stories by people who write in! I hope they are there when/if we ever need them. They even say to call them if we have a problem with our car(s).

Do you really think that they are going to put in there magazine that our service sucks ? :lol: