Gaspe Peninsula

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by VtLee, May 23, 2011.

1. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Galli @ Jun 12 2011, 11:42 AM) [snapback]26413[/snapback]

Hi, you will enjoy it, however, Ihope that you have a very powerful truck to pull your rig, if you go as far as the Forillon Park there are very hard hill to climb.
    the area is beautiful and peopkle very, very nice

Hi and if I remember well, there are hills with more than 17% inclination; hoops, I forgot in my previous message, please brush your French before leaving since you are going to hit small villages where English is spoken mainly by the priest, the major and pharmacist he, he,he.
    I am sure that you will enjoy your trip, the people there are very friendly.

2. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(VtLee @ May 24 2011, 05:44 PM) [snapback]26200[/snapback]

Hi wprigge: Thanks for the info. I bought a translation booklet with helpful phrases like "I am lost".

don't worry Vtlee, French Quebecers are very friendly and between your booklet and sign you will be find.
    One thong I may had, if you do go as far as the Forillon park, there are certain road with inclination up to 30 %, therefore, if you don't have a powerful truck, take your time with it.

3. VtLee

VtLee
    Expand Collapse

We are back from our trip around the Gaspe Peninsula and we had a good time. The tour info posted by wprigge was very reliable and a great help. Forillon National Park is beautiful and a "must see" if you go to the peninsula. There was a major storm in December that caused damage to many roads and the shoreline in that area. Most roads have been repaired and the park is fully open and operational with the exception of the Penquille section which is open to foot travel only. The hike from Les Graves to Cap-Gaspe is easy and very nice. I have posted reviews of some of the campgrounds we stayed at in Saint Flavie, Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, Gaspe, Carlton-sur-Mer and Levis. For Land Yacht, if you are coming in from the South, the roads from Gaspe to Saint Flavie are rougher than those from New Brunswick to Gaspe. Thanks to all who posted, it was a big help.

4. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(VtLee @ Jul 19 2011, 07:35 PM) [snapback]26862[/snapback]

We are back from our trip around the Gaspe Peninsula and we had a good time. The tour info posted by wprigge was very reliable and a great help. Forillon National Park is beautiful and a "must see" if you go to the peninsula. There was a major storm in December that caused damage to many roads and the shoreline in that area. Most roads have been repaired and the park is fully open and operational with the exception of the Penquille section which is open to foot travel only. The hike from Les Graves to Cap-Gaspe is easy and very nice. I have posted reviews of some of the campgrounds we stayed at in Saint Flavie, Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, Gaspe, Carlton-sur-Mer and Levis. For Land Yacht, if you are coming in from the South, the roads from Gaspe to Saint Flavie are rougher than those from New Brunswick to Gaspe. Thanks to all who posted, it was a big help.

tell me, did you eat the puteen and local dishes , did you buy the berries liqueur, did you see the windmills and did you pay the higher price for gas he, he, he. I am happy that you enjoyed your trip. congratulations VtLee, I see that you memorized the French cities and parks he, he,he Galli

5. VtLee

VtLee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Galli @ Jul 19 2011, 11:16 PM) [snapback]26863[/snapback]

tell me, did you eat the puteen and local dishes , did you buy the berries liqueur, did you see the windmills and did you pay the higher price for gas he, he, he. I am happy that you enjoyed your trip. congratulations VtLee, I see that you memorized the French cities and parks he, he,he Galli

We did all of that, and only gained 1kg from the puteen.

6. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Hi VtLee,

Glad you enjoyed your Gaspé trip and found my hints useful. Too bad for the rowdy campers in one campground. We just got back from Prince-Edward-Island and I'll post my campground reviews shortly.

7. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(VtLee @ Jul 20 2011, 05:50 PM) [snapback]26868[/snapback]

We did all of that, and only gained 1kg from the puteen.

Ha ha, ha , French there are very, very nice, difficult to understand but extremely friendly, I am glad you enjoyed

8. tzfardaha

tzfardaha
    Expand Collapse

thanks so much for such detailed information.
    we will be touring gaspe this summer.
    the last trip to Quebec was difficult driving the huge hill past Quebec City.
    do we have to worry about anything like that?
    thanks

9. VtLee

VtLee
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(tzfardaha @ Jan 24 2012, 07:25 AM) [snapback]28668[/snapback]

thanks

Not knowing what your tow vehicle is, that is a hard question to answer. I had no problems pulling my 28ft. fifth wheel around with my F-250.

10. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(tzfardaha @ Jan 24 2012, 07:25 AM) [snapback]28668[/snapback]

thanks

Hi tzfardaha,

I suspect you are talking about Highway 138 when you talk about the hill past Québec City, especially the first few kilometres past Beaupré, where the road builders where of the opinion that winding your way up a hill was for sissies and the only way to go was straight up. You go from sea level to over 3 000 feet in about 12 miles.

There is nothing similar on the Gaspé Peninsula. Unless your rig is seriously underpowered you should have no problem.