An Idea Whose Time Has Come....

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Luvtheroad, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

This week we passed a park advertised as an "Assisted Living RV Park". What a concept! I could use that about now.

2. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

Don't know where you were but I understand that the Escapees CARE, Inc. is an assisted living facility for fulltime rvers. I have never been there, but talking with some who have it sure seems like a great idea.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Great plan! We all are driving that way SOON. :rolleyes:

4. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Aug 16 2011, 09:37 PM) [snapback]27207[/snapback]

This week we passed a park advertised as an "Assisted Living RV Park". What a concept! I could use that about now.

Don't slow down, I'm right behind you!

5. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

You know what we guys do when we get too old to drive our cars, right?

We hook them to the backs of our motor homes!

6. chowhound

chowhound
    Expand Collapse

I wonder what all you are "assisted" with? I suppose services just like the regular facilities? Interesting concept, if they can make money at it, I am sure we will see more of them as we baby boomers drive off into the sunset.

7. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(chowhound @ Aug 18 2011, 02:15 PM) [snapback]27234[/snapback]

I wonder what all you are "assisted" with? I suppose services just like the regular facilities? Interesting concept, if they can make money at it, I am sure we will see more of them as we baby boomers drive off into the sunset.

www.escapeescare.org

CARE is a place where you will receive professional help for the things you may no longer be able to do. It is not a nursing home. Its goal is to delay or eliminate the need for a nursing home.

* More Information About Escapees CARE, Inc. *

* CARE provides three meals and a snack seven days a week. CARE averages 35,000 to 42,000 meals served per year.

* Escapees CARE schedules medical appointments for most of its residents, and provides transportation to and from the appointments for those residents who no longer drive.

* Escapees CARE has a nurse on duty eight hours during the business day.

* The Escapees CARE's adult day care program provides a secure day room, and a trained staff to provide monitoring, games, exercise and much more for the adult day care clients and residents.

* The atmosphere at CARE is like an RV rally. It is nothing like a nursing home!

Those are just some of the services provided at Escapees CARE.

Escapees CARE, Inc. is able to provide its services at a very affordable rates due to the generosity of Escapees RV Club members through their monetary donations and volunteering.

8. chowhound

chowhound
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Joez, It sounds like they have it covered. Prayerfully I will not need it any time soon but for me, it sounds a whole lot better than the 'apartment/condo" alternative.

9. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, don't want to sound flippant or anything, but if you need "assistance" with meals, taking medication, being driven to dr's appointments, and such, should you really be driving an RV? I know the RV could be parked, in an almost permanent state, but then this would be a trailer park, not an RV park.

RV's are designed for independence, not dependence on some type of assistance. Explain how this is not an RV oxymoron?

I'm not criticizing, just curious.

10. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Aug 21 2011, 11:33 PM) [snapback]27269[/snapback]

Sorry, don't want to sound flippant or anything, but if you need "assistance" with meals, taking medication, being driven to dr's appointments, and such, should you really be driving an RV? I know the RV could be parked, in an almost permanent state, but then this would be a trailer park, not an RV park.

RV's are designed for independence, not dependence on some type of assistance. Explain how this is not an RV oxymoron?

I'm not criticizing, just curious.

Of course it becomes essentially a trailer park. But by allowing a fulltimer the ability to park their rv in a semi permanent location they can continue living in their home while receiving the assistance they need to continue. Seems like a much better arrangement to me than having to pack up and move into a group home or a condo or some such. I do not believe that anyone anticipates the rv moving. Besides, we all know what old men from Florida do when they get too old to drive their cars - they tow them behind the motorhome.