Blue Ridge Pkwy

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by jmcf46, Aug 28, 2011.

1. jmcf46

jmcf46
    Expand Collapse

I have a small (20ft) rv that I'm gonna tow and would like to travel on part of the blue ridge pkwy. Can you do it and are you allowed to do it? I know there is a low speed limit but I just worry about the curves Etc.

Thanks

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We have been on it in our Class A DP with Honda in tow. Same as driving around in a Wal-Mart parking lot. No problem. Speed limit is no more than 45 MPH or less. You can see more at slower speeds.

3. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

We have travelled almost all of the Blue Ridge Parkway, only about 50 miles missing as we were forced off by fog. From Asheville to the south we used only our tow vehicle, northbound we had our trailer in tow. (22') In the southern part there are a couple of low tunnels that might be a problem with a high vehicle. Except for a few short stretches of steep grades, up or down, nothing to report. Of course there are lots of curves, but if you take your time and have your brakes in order you should be fine. Talking about taking your time, that's what you go for on the Parkway anyway!

4. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

We did it pulling our 38 foot 5th wheel. No problems. Did the whole thing from Ashville NC North.There is a tunnel down near Cherokee that is alittle low.