Dog Repellant Tip

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by B. Kidd, Oct 12, 2011.

1. melvonnar

melvonnar
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(B. Kidd @ Apr 4 2012, 03:24 PM) [snapback]29183[/snapback]

PostScript:
    Spent 5 months in Yuma this year.
    Not a dog stain on my tirecovers this whole season.........not that some of them wanted to!

Dog owners are like parents of roudy kids

Quote:
    I pick up after my dog
    truth:
    If no ones looking
    Quote:
    My dog doesn't bite
    truth:
    little fido has half your leg in his mouth
    Quote;
    my dog doesn;t bark
    truth:
    he barks all the time but I"ve gotton so used to it I don"t here him

I could go on and on and on and on

2. louimaurer

louimaurer
    Expand Collapse

3. vincee

vincee
    Expand Collapse

melvonnar has hit it on the head. When I had my dog, a beautiful Border Collie/Shepherd mix that looked like a wolf, I would walk him in a local park. If we came up on people that thought he looked mean, I would always say "Don't worry he's friendly" until this one time I had this guy tell me "that's what all you dog owners say!) and it struck me how stupid I sounded! Never said it again unless asked in advance "is he's friendly?".

4. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

I was asked if my dog bit. I said no. After I pulled the dog off the guy, he said I thought you said your dog didn't bite. I replied this is not my dog.

5. Tsimpson69

Tsimpson69
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorta new to this site but something on this thread really bugs me, well several things. I agree that sometimes dog owners get accustomed to things and may forget what their cute fluffy is doing bothers the crap out of people. No pun intended. But those of you that are using repellents etc (ammonia) etc to keep dogs away really should stop and think about what you are doing. If a dog or any wild or domesticated animal ingests something you put out and becomes sick or dies you can be held responsible. Here is the part you really should consider, it in many states it would be a FELONY animal cruelty. You really should consider your actions. Defending yourself from a felony at best may bankrupt you. At worst you will end up possibly serving some time. This sounds extreme but it's not. If someone is letting fluffy deface your property call the law and let them handle it. Notify the resort etc. but don't put your liberty and families livelihood In jeopardy! Ok back to your regularly scheduled program!

6. melvonnar

melvonnar
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Tsimpson69 @ Apr 14 2013, 01:36 AM) [snapback]33075[/snapback]

I'm sorta new to this site but something on this thread really bugs me, well several things. I agree that sometimes dog owners get accustomed to things and may forget what their cute fluffy is doing bothers the crap out of people. No pun intended. But those of you that are using repellents etc (ammonia) etc to keep dogs away really should stop and think about what you are doing. If a dog or any wild or domesticated animal ingests something you put out and becomes sick or dies you can be held responsible. Here is the part you really should consider, it in many states it would be a FELONY animal cruelty. You really should consider your actions. Defending yourself from a felony at best may bankrupt you. At worst you will end up possibly serving some time. This sounds extreme but it's not. If someone is letting fluffy deface your property call the law and let them handle it. Notify the resort etc. but don't put your liberty and families livelihood In jeopardy! Ok back to your regularly scheduled program!

I"m not worried about being sued from fluffy's owner when I put out my dog repelent' But fluffy's owner should be worried if fluffy bites me'; my first call will be to an atorney because I"ll sue the pants off the owner.
    Do I hate dogs? "no" Just fluffys owner that thinks their dog is perfeck and an do no wrong.

7. Tsimpson69

Tsimpson69
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(melvonnar @ Apr 14 2013, 11:07 AM) [snapback]33076[/snapback]

I"m not worried about being sued from fluffy's owner when I put out my dog repelent' But fluffy's owner should be worried if fluffy bites me'; my first call will be to an atorney because I"ll sue the pants off the owner.
    Do I hate dogs? "no" Just fluffys owner that thinks their dog is perfeck and an do no wrong.

I agree if Fluffy bites you his owner will be in a world of trouble, and rightly should be held responsible. I am talking about the repellent you put out. If it kills the dog, or a wild animal, in most states today you will be in trouble. I am not talking about a civil problem from the dog's owner, I am talking about criminal charges you can face. I do know what I am talking about, I am a retired criminal prosecutor. I meant it as a precaution and something to think about. AZ is a state that has STIFF criminal fines and possible jail time for animal cruelty. You put out a chemical agent for what ever reason (even if the bottle says it's harmless) you are responsible for any damage caused by it. I don't even want to think about what happens if a child were to happen to ingest it.

Dog owner's really should take better care of where they let little precious roam, yap, poop, etc. Then this whole conversation would be pointless!

Oh and one last point, If a Federally Protected (Endangered Species) Animal were to come in contact with the repellent and die, If you are caught you will be in a world of trouble you can't even fathom. Just food for thought.

Referenced: Arizona Criminal Code Title 13, Chapter 29 (13-2910)

8. melvonnar

melvonnar
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Tsimpson69 @ Apr 14 2013, 01:42 PM) [snapback]33078[/snapback]

I agree if Fluffy bites you his owner will be in a world of trouble, and rightly should be held responsible. I am talking about the repellent you put out. If it kills the dog, or a wild animal, in most states today you will be in trouble. I am not talking about a civil problem from the dog's owner, I am talking about criminal charges you can face. I do know what I am talking about, I am a retired criminal prosecutor. I meant it as a precaution and something to think about. AZ is a state that has STIFF criminal fines and possible jail time for animal cruelty. You put out a chemical agent for what ever reason (even if the bottle says it's harmless) you are responsible for any damage caused by it. I don't even want to think about what happens if a child were to happen to ingest it.

Dog owner's really should take better care of where they let little precious roam, yap, poop, etc. Then this whole conversation would be pointless!

Oh and one last point, If a Federally Protected (Endangered Species) Animal were to come in contact with the repellent and die, If you are caught you will be in a world of trouble you can't even fathom. Just food for thought.

As always: The acusser must have proof positive; As an X
    criminal prosecutor you must know this. I"ve read of criminals getting off even if guilty on a tecknacality. (sorry about the spelling).

There is nothing that gets people worked up more than a negitive post about their fluffy. The preceding posts are proof of that.

9. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Tsimpson69 @ Apr 14 2013, 12:42 PM) [snapback]33078[/snapback]

These repellants are just that, repellant. They smell bad. I can't imagine an animal or kid ingesting them. From what I've read, most repellants are actually made from natural, non-toxic ingredients that fade quickly, many times only lasting 1-2 weeks.

Animal repellants are used very commonly around home gardens (especially to ward of deer!!), and I've never heard of a problem with them. Almost any garden center carries them.