Roadside Assistance

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by jags1, Oct 22, 2011.

1. jags1

jags1
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone use coachnet roaside assistance?

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Yes, we have used it for years now and had great service on the three times we had a problem. Repair truck was on site inside of 30 mins to help. We have no problems with this service.

3. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jags1 @ Oct 22 2011, 07:41 PM) [snapback]27979[/snapback]

Does anyone use coachnet roaside assistance?

We use Coach Net - our experience has been great. Before then had Good Sam - our experience was not so good.

4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I have coachnet, and recently had to call them. My motor home was overheating and I wanted to utilize their "technical assistance" to confirm the location of my thermostat. After being asked numerous unnecessary questions, I was transferred to a "technician", and when asked where I would find the thermostat on my engine he said, " I don't know, I think its got a wire attached to it." I was not impressed, but I might still keep them for serious emergencies.

5. RV Camper1

RV Camper1
    Expand Collapse

Without a doubt, Coachnet is the best of the road service companies for the RV owner. We had Good Sam ERS for quite some time and while their service does work, in all cases that we had contact with them or observed others do so, they were very slow.

With Coachnet we have only used them on two occasions and once I needed technical assistance and after verification of my customer status, I was connected to a tech and he spent more than 1/2 hour on the phone helping me to trouble shoot an appliance problem. The second time that I called them we were parked at a lake which was rapidly rising to flood stage and our engine failed to start. The person on the phone walked me through the "emergency start" procedure first, just to make sure that I knew how that works, then offered me the choice of a service truck or a two truck. I opted for the tow truck and was told that someone would call back shortly.

About 20 minutes later I received a call from the tow operator to verify my location and was told that they would be coming from about 60 miles away and would be on site withing three hours. About 1 1/2 hours later the truck arrived. The operator was clean & neat and knew exactly what must be done. He winched our motorhome out of the campsite, lifted the front and removed the drive-line, then hooked up and was ready to tow in less than one hour. He delivered our motorhome to a shop that was about in a direction different from where he came from and didn't even ask us to sign anything.

It was as pleasant as such an experience could possibly have been.

6. jan-n-john

jan-n-john
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Kirk @ Oct 24 2011, 09:54 AM) [snapback]27993[/snapback]

Without a doubt, Coachnet is the best of the road service companies for the RV owner.

I signed up for AAA's Plus RV plan on top of the usual AAA assistance. Just a few dollars more. We only have a 5er and have never used the AAA for it. But I'm curious how it compares.

7. jags1

jags1
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jan-n-john @ Oct 24 2011, 09:43 PM) [snapback]28004[/snapback]

I signed up for AAA's Plus RV plan on top of the usual AAA assistance. Just a few dollars more. We only have a 5er and have never used the AAA for it. But I'm curious how it compares.

We had the AAA Plus several years back and found them to be useless. We got stuck one time in Canada and they failed to help us.

8. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jan-n-john @ Oct 24 2011, 09:43 PM) [snapback]28004[/snapback]

Several years ago we looked at AAA and found that their coverage was not universal. At that time, at least, if you were in an rv in an area where the regional plan did not offer rv coverage you were on your own. I have no current information, but before leaving on a trip it might be best to double check the details of your coverage during your journey.